Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Quote of the Month courtesy of Mark Twain:
Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your HONOR. That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoemaking and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poorhouse.
· The Floyd video footage has been released, and when taken with the autopsy results may tell a different story than the narrative being flogged by the press and demonstrators. Of course, the demonstrations were never about Floyd. They were an excuse for Marxists and Anarchists to run amok in our streets.
· A very interesting poll done by Britain’s Sunday Express in conjunction with the Domocracy Institute, a right leaning Washington Think Tank. It President Trump garners 20% of the black vote, it’s game over. Here’s a new Rasmussen poll that may confirm it. 50% of likely voters approve of President Trump. The approval rating was boosted by black voters, a majority of whom approve of the President. As I’ve said before, I’m expecting an overwhelmingly one-sided victory by President Trump.
· Amid all this rhetoric about race, racism and reparations, there is some interesting history that is most inconvenient and that most Americans, black and white, are probably unaware of. Black Slave Owners in the United States.
· A short, powerful comment on the relationship between religion and democracy from a Harvard Business School professor.
· Gee. Who would have thought that something like this could happen when the Portland City Council disbanded the Gun Violence Reduction Team in the police department? The most killings in three decades. If these worthless civil servants are not turned out en masse at the next election, my empathy for the citizens of Portland will go to zero.
· Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA) is apparently on the short list of Slow Joe’s VP candidates. She has an interesting background for anyone interested in looking into it. Very radical. She has started trying to walk back some of her fawningly positive comments on Fidel Castro.
· I wonder why? Democrats Urging Biden Not to Debate Trump. The reason being given is the Coronavirus Epidemic. Yea. Right. They are also (also?) worried (?) (How about frightened to death) about Biden’s mental stamina and his ability to remain engaged for an hour and a half during the debate.
· I’m just shocked. Shocked at the ratings crash for NBA and MLB after their protest-filled debuts. Who in their right mind wouldn’t want to see a bunch of highly paid, poorly educated athletes disrespecting the American Flag and the National Anthem? As someone said, they can do anything with a basketball but autograph it.
· A good campaign ad. The kind I’d like to see more of.
· As the author says, one follows the other as night follows day. Homicide Spike Hits Most U.S. Cities. And the accompanying headline, July Gun Sales Record. FBI background checks indicate that 2020 has seen at least 10 million guns sold – many to first time buyers and minorities.
· Local North Carolina group triggered by bear with Trump 2020 sticker on his tracking collar. LOL
· The supply chain migration out of China begins. Apple moving six production lines capable of $5 billion in exports from China to India.
· My son attended the premier of this documentary and said it was outstanding. He met Herman Cain and Larry Elder there along with Allen West.
· I’ve given this advice before. How to Handle the Mob: Stop Apologizing.
· Insanity Wrap #19: NBA and MLB Are So Woke and So Broke. Love Stephen Green.