Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Joe Biden held a live-streamed event from his basement and the numbers were a little embarrassing. 26 minutes into the event there were 19 viewers. By the time you account for reporters and Biden’s staff, that leaves about 2 actual viewers who apparently didn’t have anything better to do. And I’m supposed to believe this guy is leading in the polls. I don’t think so.
· Imprimis is a piece published by Hillsdale College, an academic oasis in a fetid pool of institutions of “higher learning.” This article by Heather MacDonald was delivered on June 18, 2020. The title my give you a hint as to the focus. Four Months of Unprecedented Government Malfeasance.
Over the last four months, Americans have lived through what is arguably the most consequential period of government malfeasance in U.S. history. Public officials’ overreaction to the novel coronavirus put American cities into a coma; those same officials’ passivity in the face of widespread rioting threatens to deliver the coup de grâce. Together, these back-to-back governmental failures will transform the American polity and cripple urban life for decades.
· This is hardly surprising, but you wouldn’t know it if you depended on CNN and MSNBC or most of the mainstream media. Just 2 in 10 support “defund” scheme. Demonstrations are taking place in black neighborhoods begging for police protection.
· I’m sure you remember how much the press made fun of President Trump’s positive comments on Hydroxychloroquine. Not that it has proven to be tremendously effective, I haven’t heard any of them apologizing. Maybe their mouths are too full of crow.
· Brace for the Backlash. That reaction, that backlash, has already begun. And if the left responds by escalating, it could get super ugly.
You saw the first rumblings of the backlash in the news as the MSNBCNN types fell into a fussy frenzy over Americans scoring north of eight million new guns since the pangolin pandemic panic started. When a person, particularly one who has never done it before, buys a gun, that’s an indicator of intention. It’s expensive and it’s serious, since it is an acknowledgement of a commitment to fight back against criminal and tyrannical threats. If you buy a gun, you are voting GOP. Period.
· Nancy Pelosi calls the Wuhan Virus the “Trump Virus.” I think he’s broken her. She also referred to Customs and Border Patrol officers as “Storm Troopers.” Unbelievable.
· LOLOLOL. California city washes away BLM mural after Trump supporter requests ‘MAGA 2020’ display.