Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Friday’s Employment was evidence that the “V” bottom we’ve talked about seems to be playing out, much to the disappointment of the media and the Democrats, but I repeat myself. The Washington Post just couldn’t wait for the actual release before pre-writing an article and tweeting out “grim milestone to be reached as unemployment rate nears 20%.” There was just one problem. It was actually 13%, blowing away the worst-case estimates. They were so disappointed.
· Trump Tweet of the Week. LOL. Get any candidate ready, good or bad, I don’t care, I’m endorsing. If you have a pulse, I’m with you! ROTFLOL!
· Meanwhile at the New York Times their editorial page editor was forced out over approving an editorial with the wrong opinion, at least for the “woke” staff at the NYT’s. Both the WAPO and NYT are mere shells of their former selves when they were actually real newspapers and not propaganda rags.
· While I’m at it, is NPR salvageable? Not as long as Mara Liasson is employed there. This is her disgusting tweet trying to equate Antifa with the U.S. troops who hit the beached at Normandy. Chris Cuomo was equally despicable.
· And from the BBC, this piece of dissembling. 27 police officers injured during largely peaceful anti-racism protests in London. I’d hate to see what happens during a violent protest.
· I tend to agree with attorney John Dowd’s criticism of ex-Defense Secretary Mattis’ comments. He’d have done better to hold his comments to himself. Mike Ford also had some comments that I agree with. Very disappointed in the judgement displayed by Gen. Mattis.
· Candace Owens had some comments on the George Floyd situation that haven’t been given much coverage by a very biased press intent on inflaming the protests and trying to espouse an argument that our society is blighted by systemic racism, which is total bulls**t. In what dystopian universe would any sane people be having a dialogue about defunding the police, which would impact the poorer and less privileged among us the worst. And yet, there are politicians and press actually behaving like this is a dialogue we need to have. They are despicable and there is a massive pendulum swing developing among the majority of American citizens who haven’t taken total leave of their common senses. The protesters and the press represent a much smaller fraction of our citizenry that you would think given the mainstream media’s trumpeting. Can a democratic republic function when its media is so dishonest, it’s elite so corrupt, and when one of its major political parties allows street violence? How much do black lives matter? They seem to be ignoring those that don’t fit their made-up narrative.
· This is how bad it’s gotten. We can’t seem to keep the worst of the lot incarcerated.
· A government prepared German report that attacks the coronavirus shutdown somehow leaked out and the politicians are playing damage control. It is interesting and damning and what I have suggested all along was the conclusion we would eventually reach – that we all succumbed to Tulipmania.
· Something interesting has been going on in terms of black support for President Trump. It could be disastrous for Democrats in November. According to a Rasmussen poll, 41% of blacks support the President, with 25% expressing strong approval.
· Some examples of how ridiculous things can get when you live in a litigious society. Your child’s Superman costume doe not really enable flight. You could have fooled my son.
· Thank goodness the police tracked this guy down. If convicted, he should never see the outside of a prison wall. I don’t think Missouri has the death penalty for crimes like this. Too bad. I’d like to see Congress make attacking a police officer a federal crime punishable by the death penalty in cases of fatality.
· Graham to call Comey and McCabe to testify before Senate committee. They need to be raked over the coals. It will be interesting to see if they plead the fifth.
· This totally unhinged sufferer of TDS should have been incarcerated instead of receiving bail. My guess is that his follow inmates might not look too kindly on a 27-year-old who attacked an 82-year old veteran. Hope he’s convicted and gets to spend a little time in jail.
· Good for Herschel Walker. He’s displayed a healthy dose of common sense before. Herschel Walker blasts Cancel Culture. Never, ever, give in and apologize to these cretins. Drew Brees should have known better.