Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· An outstanding Week in Pictures.
· Some creative ‘social distancing’ over the Memorial Day weekend.
· This is a 14-minute clip that is well worth your time. Why you haven’t caught COVID-19.
· A very good article by Jeffrey Tucker in the American Institute for Economic Research. Did the Lockdown Save Lives? As he points out, when we take the drastic measures we took and suffer the draconian consequences we have, there is a normal tendency to try and justify what you’ve done. In this case, there is no clear evidence that we accomplished our goal in the process of kneecapping our economy.
· And from the CDC itself…The biggest reason to end the lockdowns. The fatality rate across all age groups of symptomatic and asymptomatic cases is approximately 0.26%. But, the bigger takeaway from this is that the early doomsday predictions about the coronavirus were all wrong. Everything that justified the lockdowns and the shutting down of our economy was wrong. We need to open this country back up.
· CDC: Coronavirus ‘does not spread easily’ except for close contact with infected patients. In other words, wiping down our groceries and mail is probably a waste of time.
· The only opposition that will matter to today’s lock down fascism will be opposition expressed at the ballot box. And it needs to be so overwhelming that even fraud can’t blunt it. The media is not happy to be made to look like the fools they are as Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and Texas open to no Wuhan Virus catastrophes. You’ll remember that wasn’t the narrative they sang in perfect harmony.
· Governor Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan continues to distinguish herself, extending Michigan’s stay home order until June 12. Melissa Mackenzie of American Spectator had a great Tweet. “I want Whitmer to lock down Michigan until the state is punished so severely for voting Democrat, that they don’t do it again for a generation.”
· Of course, we all know how non-partisan the Mueller team was. Don’t we? The person who by all reports actually ran the investigation was Andrew Weissmann of Enron Task Force fame. He managed to destroy Arthur Anderson and cost 85,000 employees their jobs, only to have the case totally reversed by the Supreme Court after he had done the damage. After heading up the Mueller investigation, he is now hosting a fund raiser for Slow Joe. What a surprise!
· A friend shared this article by Lee Smith. Lee has done some of the best investigative reporting on the Russian Collusion scandal. This is a long article but very much worth reading if you want to understand just how corrupt things were in the Obama administration. How Russiagate Began With Obama’s Iran Deal Domestic Spying Campaign. Michael Flynn posed a threat to the former president’s legacy and was made to pay for it.
· And from Andrew McCarthy commenting on new information. The plot just keeps thickening and all roads lead to Comey and the Obama administration. It just keeps getting smellier and smellier.
· Cocktails from around the world you can make at home. Good luck. Mine are easier. All that is required for a good variety is a bottle of single malt Scotch, a bottle of good Gin, a few ice cubes and a splash of water or a drop of Vermouth plus an olive or twist and you’ve got the ingredients for variety. Throw in a good bottle of Mount Gay and some Mojito mix and you’ve got a well-stocked bar. I love the story about the guy who ordered a “very dry Martini.” The bartender swirled some Vermouth in the glass and then shook it out and added the ice-cold Gin and an olive. The guy looked at it and told the bartender that he had ordered a “very dry” Martini. The bartender looked at him quizzically and he instructed the bartender to lean over the glass and whisper “Vermouth.” The bartender did so and the guy looked at him and said “softer.”
· News from the Gaffe-A-Matic Express. After claiming on CNBC’s Squawk Box show on Friday morning that he was going to beat himself for president, Slow Joe did another interview with a black radio host and managed to thoroughly step in it by claiming that if you’re black and don’t vote for him then you’re not really black. The reaction from the black community was immediate as he was raked over the coals. You wouldn’t know that if you were watching CNN. The WaPo tried hard to cover for him, but if you watched it, it wasn’t a joke. Nice try. In his rant he claimed that the NAACP had endorsed him. The president of the NAACP begged to differ.
· Thanks to Kamala Harris, it’s now exceptionally easy to tell who her fellow nitwits are. She has introduced an important resolution in the Senate that using terms like Wuhan Virus, Chinese Virus, or my personal favorite Kung Flu are racist. Two dozen other nitwits have supported her resolution. They include such luminaries as Mazie Hirona, Dick Durbin, Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar, Diane Feinstein, Elizabeth (Lieawatha) Warren and Corey (Spartacus) Booker. Need I say more?
· All of a sudden, the Democrats are not in favor of “politicized” investigations. Adam Schiff and Jerry Nadler are particularly incensed that anyone would try to steal their idea. They have both been scheduled for hearing tests to determine if they are totally tone-deaf.
· Today’s example in our continuing series on fake media. Rebekah Jones’ firing is the COVID clickbait the media dreams of – but it’s all fake. This, of course, didn’t stop Chris (Fredo) Cuomo from putting her on TV. He should have done a little fact checking into her background. You think? That would require competence, though.
· If you haven’t been following the Obamagate scandal as closely as I have, you might not know who K.T. McFarland is. You should read this. The Revolting Inquisition of K.T. McFarland.
· The Radio Personality, Charlemagne tha God, who was insulted by Joe Biden isn’t buying the apology. Great quote: “Dems have to worry about voter depression over Biden.” Not apparently voter suppression.
· I’m sure most of us have had experience with ‘squirrel-proof’ bird feeders. This guy decided to use his self-quarantine to be productive and make it interesting. I have to admit, though, this is still my favorite.