Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· I’ll say it again. I love Kayleigh McEnany, the President’s new Press Secretary. She takes no prisoners and she always seems prepared to cut the fakes off at the knees. From Babylon Bee, the press might not like her replacement.
· I’d say this is a good suggestion. Trump needs to recruit a medical ‘Red Team’ to challenge lockdown-manic governors. There are a number of experts who have questioned key assumptions or aspects of current policies.
For example, these dissenting experts have noted that models justifying the original sheltering-in-place orders have grossly exaggerated: (1) the likely total number of COVID-19 deaths, (2) the death among infected people (now steadily dropping to between 0.5 and 0.1 percent from the original 3.4 percent projection) and (3) the strain on the hospital system.
· I linked early on to an article by Aaron Ginn in Zero Hedge that Medium took down. His views and that of his informal group of well-credentialed dissenters are worth reading. He is profiled in the WSJ Weekend Interview, “The lockdown skeptic they couldn’t silence.”
· “Never trust the experts.” Early on in this pandemic the model that many blame on some of draconian measures we took was the one done by Neil Ferguson of England’s Imperial College. It has been universally condemned and this article shows why. You’ll remember that it called for 2 million deaths in the U.S.
· And what about masks? There is precious little evidence that shows there is any reason for mandating them, and they may do more harm than good.
· CNN’s Anderson Cooper threw a hissy fit over all the all the fun made of CNN for including Greta Thunberg as a guest on their Coronavirus Town Hall. What did they expect? Are they really that stupid and unaware of what a laughing stock they have become? Apparently so.
· Get ready for a new Trump executive order to force essential drug production is U.S. It’s kind of amazing that it took this crisis to point out how insane it is to have 95% of our prescription drugs being produced in China.
· Well, it would be nice if this were one of the unintended consequences I’ve been warning about. Could California become a red state because of failed coronavirus leadership? That would cause some Exorcist type head spinning, wouldn’t it?
· The contretemps between the Democrats reaction to Ms. Blasey Ford and Tara Reade has been striking. Not surprising, of course. A Hill-Harris poll found that 30% of Democrats believe Ms. Reade, while 80% believed Ms. Ford, who had far less, virtually none, corroborating evidence. As they say, if it weren’t for double standards…
· If anyone has been proven right in what he’s said over the past three years, it’s Devin Nunes. I hope he’s right on this one. He promised “Criminal Referrals” are coming on the Mueller team.
· Stacy looked like the rug had just been pulled out from under her. She apparently thought that Biden was going to announce her as his VP choice.
· Something tells me that this idiot’s matriculation as a professor at Auburn University isn’t going to be that smooth. What an absolute dolt. He is triggered by the cheer “War Eagle.” I’m betting that someone in HR that hired this wokester is taking real flak about now. Academia is full of people who have no business teaching. Here’s another example from Columbia University.
· A little news on the decoupling front. Taiwan chip maker building $12 billion U.S. Plant.
· I know you’re as distraught as I am that Justin Amash has decided not to run for the presidency. Some village is missing an idiot.
· As I’ve said, things just keep getting smellier and smellier. Mueller’s team went to great length to avoid turning over the FBI’s 302 report on the Flynn interview. Those guys are right at the top of my Perp Walk wish list.
· A lot of people have been digging into the unmasking requests by the Obama administration. This is a good article on the subject, The bigger picture on Obamagate. The “most scandal free administration” has turned out to be anything but and will be remembered for the biggest political scandal in our history despite the media’s efforts to sweep it under the rug.
· If you are a regular reader, you know that I consider ex-Obama C.I.A. chief, John Brennan, a totally despicable POS. In case you’ve forgotten why, here is an article in American Greatness on Mr. Brennan. John Brennan and the Plot to Subvert an American Election. Sara Hoyt’s intro to the article is particularly on target:
“WHEN THE SEWERS ARE TORN OPEN, AND WE SMELL THE EFFLUVIA, THERE IS A TEMPTATION TO PRETEND THE SH*T WASN’T ALWAYS THERE. IT WAS. AND WE HAVE ONLY STARTED TO SCRATCH THE SURFACE. THE LEFT IS CORRUPT BECAUSE THE LEFT HASN’T BEEN HELD ACCOUNTABLE BY THEIR WHOLLY-OWNED PRESS FOR OVER 50 YEARS. THERE’S SH*T THERE THAT WOULD SHOCK EVEN ME, IF I DIDN’T GUESS AT IT LONG AGO.”
If there is anyone who is a good candidate for a 4 AM visit by the SWAT team and a perp walk while the cameras are flashing, it’s this guy. By his own admission, he voted for Gus Hall, the Communist Party candidate for president in 1976. As the author says, what a great background to head the nation’s premier intelligence organization under President Obama.
· It’s hard not to be a fan of Elon Musk. His biography is a great read, and I highly recommend it. Love his most recent quote, which I heartily endorse. “The politicians & unelected bureaucrats who stole our liberty should be “tarred, feathered & thrown out of town!” I would only add that in some cases they should also be caned.
· Want some evidence of how shallow and biased the coverage in the Washington Post is? Is there anyone on the national stage with a thinner resume than failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Adams who is running hard to be Slow Joe’s VP pick? She is to most rational people just good comic relief, but not to the WaPo. Here’s a great post from Instapundit on the subject.
· For fellow Veterans. “After I cut my way through a wave of human flesh using nothing but my Swiss Army Knife, I took my P-51 off my dog-tag chain and killed 20 enemy combatants before catching a mortar round in mid-air and saving my squad from certain death.” When you run across these guys it’s usually pretty obvious who is a fake. Adventures in Social Media-Mil-Vet Version. Landon Steele has quite a resume.
· California has a new kind of Sanctuary City. Atwater has declared itself a “sanctuary city” for businesses. Such movements are breaking out all over the country, much to the chagrin of petty bureaucrats and power-hungry politicians.