Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· The Week in Pictures has been a tour de force lately. Saturday’s edition is no exception. My favorite – Joe Biden on a milk carton.
· Big-Government Contagion – Kimberly Strassel. If you watch nothing else, you need to watch this. Every voter should be white-hot with rage and very worried. We need to send an indelible message to Washington, D.C. in November. Here is the gist of her comments published on Powerline. Also, watch Bob Newhart’s comments on his experience with welfare. The Republicans need to grow some testicular fortitude and force the Democrats to blink.
· From the New England Journal of Medicine: If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.
· More good news on the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin. An 80-patient trial in France. All but two showed significant improvement. Meanwhile, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan is warning of action against the licenses of doctors there who prescribe it. You get the idiots you vote for.
· From Techstartups.com, this article on Dr. Vladimir Zelenko’s use of a combination of Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Zinc and Z-Pak. Very encouraging. He is a board-certified family practioner in NY and has successfully treated 360 Wuhan Virus cases with 100% success using that protocol. The cost is $20 over a period of 5 days.
· Stats to keep an eye on as testing increases. So far, the U.S. has one of the lowest per capital death rates from the Wuhan Virus of any country. Outside of New York, the percentage of positive tests versus tests run is 12%, comparable to the results the CDC gets for flu tests. Still wondering why the media is polling negative numbers on their coverage of the Wuhan Virus. Take a look at these stats which are very encouraging. I’m reminded of the children who were asked what their parents did for a living and one little boy said his father was a transvestite exotic dancer. The horrified teacher took him aside and asked him if it were true. “No,” he said, “my father is a White House correspondent for a national TV network, but I don’t want anyone to know.”
· The polls seem to agree, with the media currently polling somewhere just below whale feces. The political media are failing America. Their ineptitude, bias, childishness, and outright stupidity have become a genuine danger to the health of the republic. In the most recent Gallup poll, only the media polled negative.
· Poor Slow Joe is struggling for visibility, not to mention coherence, and any vestige of gravitas these days. His most recent attempt quickly went bizarre as he opined on gay marriage. I wonder if there has ever been a presidential candidate with more inept handlers trying to guide a totally inept candidate. For cringing entertainment value, his candidacy has been unparalleled. New lows in irrelevance. Jimmy Kimmel, not the brightest star in the firmament, interviews Slow Joe. Two more ill-informed people would be difficult to find.
· A ruling I like. Maybe college administrators will think twice. I’d love to see a landslide of lawsuits against college “diversity” officers who should be rounded up and all given jobs cleaning out subterranean sewers.
· American industry responds. Abbott Labs is rolling out a Wuhan Virus test that can give results in as little as 5 minutes. They will start supplying 50,000 tests a day beginning on April 1.
· A look at what’s going on in the Crude markets from a national defense perspective. As Ronald Reagan said, “We win. They lose.”
· Not only are bat delicacies now off our menu choices, but it looks like we should probably avoid Pangolins, too. I think I’ll play it safe and stick to bacon and ribeyes for now with the occasional wild-caught seafood.
· Good guy with a gun takes out active shooter at Tulsa mall. KTUL-TV gets it wrong, either purposefully or through shoddy reporting.
· Sorry, Harry. Not a dime. Choices have consequences.
· The media continues to show us just why their relevance has sunk to the levels of whale feces, polling even lower than the Wuhan Virus popularity. Chuck Todd asks Joe Biden if Trump has “blood on his hands.” Even Joe thinks he went too far. Utterly despicable.