Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· This just has the media totally confounded and irate that deplorables are obviously not paying attention to their lead. The President’s Approval Rating has risen to 49% and 60% approve of his handling of the Wuhan Virus. The mainstream media, for the most part, has become insignificant, and for good reason. Love this quote: “If conventional U.S. leaders had been properly doing their jobs, Donald Trump would still be hosting a television show.” By the way, the same poll has the media dead last. As well they deserve to be.
· While this doesn’t fit the narrative being flogged by the press, I suspect most of us know and believe it to be true. Johns Hopkins Study: USA More Prepared for Pandemic Than Any Other Country.
· A graphic look at what just happened to Initial Jobless Claims on Thursday. One reason some have postulated that the cure may be worse than the disease. The peak in the 2008 recession was hit in March 2009 when it was 665,000, and the all-time peak was October 1982 at 695,000. Interestingly, both came at or just after major bottoms in the stock market. The huge spike confirms that in the near term the economic damage from the Wuhan Virus will be dramatic.
· British epidemiologist Neil Ferguson of Imperial College London was widely quoted in the New York Times for his forecast that Great Britain would suffer as many as 510,000 deaths and that the U.S. would suffer as many as 2.2 million. His forecasts are widely credited for the lockdown measures being instituted. He has now changed his forecast based on the data he is seeing. He believes that Great Britain is unlikely to suffer more than 20,000 deaths and that it could be much lower. In a normal year, Great Britain suffers about 17,000 flu deaths. Here is the daily update from Powerline on Wuhan Virus deaths. Obviously, we don’t yet know exactly how this is going to play out, but for now it has a lot of the same kind of hysteria that surrounded Y2K being promulgated by clueless members of the press who have no clue whatsoever and are only interested in fomenting fear and trying to discredit the President. As I mentioned above, 60% of U.S. citizens approve of the jog he is doing while the press ranks dead last, for good reason.
· Sounds like a job for Mr. Phelps, should he choose to take it. The DOJ is offering a $15 million reward for information leading to the capture of Nicolas Maduro for drug crimes. You may remember we got Noriega and brough him to the U.S. where he died in prison. If I were Maduro, I’d sleep in a different place every night.
· One side effect of university classes going online is that professors are worried their bias will be exposed by students recording their lectures. I certainly hope so. It should be laid bare for all to see. It will be interesting to see what emerges.
· A feel good post from an Instapundit commenter. Americans are truly exceptional people and always come through in a crisis.