Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch had a great quote after losing the Democratic primary to David Dinkins. He was asked if he would again seek public office and he replied, “No, the people have spoken…and they must be punished.” His words proved prophetic as Dinkins went on to become the most feckless mayor ever in NYC until the current resident of the office, Bill DeBlasio. Koch’s comments seem particularly apropos to Los Angeles[JW1] in light of recent statements from Soros sponsored DA George Gascon.
· Coup d’Etat in America: A Limey Viewpoint. An excellent piece well worth reading.
· It ought to tell you something about the state of unrest when a left-wing pollster’s poll reveals that only 51% of Americans believe that the election was “conducted fairly.” They must be the ones watching CNN and the major networks.
· Marine One overflight of Saturday’s pro-Trump demonstration in Washington, D.C.
· A Public Service Announcement from Gateway Pundit. Let your state legislatures and politicians know how you feel about the election. I did and Tennessee filed an Amicus Brief on behalf of the Texas lawsuit.
· Vaccinations could start as early as this week.
· Soros-backed DA drops charges against Portland anarchists. You get what you vote for. They can stew in their own juices until the electorate decides enough is enough.
· Interesting note. I live in a beautiful part of the country in the mountains of East Tennessee - Chattanooga, Tennessee. A representative of the local Electric Power Board tells me that 3-5 people a day from California and New York are buying homes in Chattanooga, often site unseen over the internet. It would seem that people are voting with their feet. I fervently hope they are leaving their voting proclivities behind. In a related note, a friend told me of someone they know who just got a good job in New York City and his rent was one-third of what he had expected to pay just six months ago. Needless to say, I hope McConnell holds the line on not giving stimulus funds to mismanaged blue states and cities. Let them marinate in the mess they have created. Oracle just announced they are joining Hewlett-Packard and Tesla in unassing California and moving to Texas.
· Must watch! An ad for St. Andrews College in Idaho.
· A recall petition for Gov. Gavin Newsom has reached the 800,000 milestone. Now we’ll see if our friends in CA have had enough.
· Now It Can Be Told. Is it any wonder the media is held in such low esteem? Low may be too generous. So Hunter Biden’s laptop from hell was real after all, huh? “This was bad faith all the way around.” Drew Holden names names. Despicable behavior in front of a national election suppressing pertinent information. Both of the media’s reasons for suppressing the story turned out to be false. Stephen Green paraphrases Groucho: “These are their reasons. If you don’t like them…they have others.” From CNN and the FBI – Oh, that Hunter Biden. Can you even imagine the howling from the media and the left if Don, Jr. had been the subject of a federal investigation that was suppressed? From Powerline Our Schizophrenic News.
· Another nation, Morocco, announces the normalization of relations with Israel. A major foreign policy success of the Trump administration. In a sane world, the media would be extoling the virtues of Trump’s foreign policy 24/7.
· Ted Cruz weighs in on Twitter on the Swalwell mess. LOLOL
· If you are an Ohio taxpayer, I’m sure you’re thrilled to know that Ohio State University employs 100 “diversity” workers costing $10 million annually.
· It’s about time some sanity was injected into this debate. Tulsi Gabbard and Markwayne Mullin introduce bill that would allow only biological females in women’s sports.
· Diane Feinstein’s term doesn’t expire for another four[JW2] years. It doesn’t look like she is capable of serving out her term. Apparently, her staff and Chuck Schumer are very concerned about her lack of short-term memory and her signs of mental decline.
· A little scary. Paul Krugman refers to the “Biden Boom.”
· Even the Chinese are making fun of Eric Swalwell. Go the the 4:40 mark on this video. The Chinese refer to him as “King Fart.” From an old friend who is married to a Chinese wife and who speaks Chinese. He tells me the Chinese Americans have been lining up solidly behind President Trump over the voter fraud controversy.
· Tweet of the Day: My next door neighbor said his parents voted for Biden and he is so mad he is never visiting their graves again.
· How to Lose Friends and Influence People. A very interesting look inside just how ridiculous things have gotten at some of our institutions of higher learning. His comments are about 35 minutes long, and I found them very good and a frightening indictment of left wing academia.