Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Quote of the Day from H.L. Mencken: Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want – and deserve to get it good and hard.
· Are you kidding me? Is Slow Joe wearing a Mao jacket? Unbelievable. Talk about cultural appropriation. Maybe it was a costume party.
· Rays Of Hope. “…the Sun continues to rise and conservatives will continue to fight, so we may as well look for rays of hope. Here are a few.”
· Picture of Joe Biden with Premier Xi. Look at Xi’s facial expression.
· Alabama man solves California housing crisis, squats in Stanford dormitories.
· The Column: The System Is the Steal. From Michael Walsh. Good article.
That's not the worst of it. Friendly judges across the land threw out challenges to mail-in/absentee ballots on the niggling grounds that they weren't properly executed; worse, "ballot harvesting" allowed dumps of completely untraceable "votes" into random drop boxes, and lax counting regulations (differing from state to state) meant the suspect ballots could be quickly mingled into the legitimate-vote population. Add to that the arbitrary decision regarding the latest moment that ballots could be accepted even after the real polls had closed and you have a recipe for a perfectly legal steal.
· Interesting. Narrative Fail: Every Governor Who Signed a Constitutional Carry Law Won Re-Election. Now let’s get on reciprocal carry between states.
· I’m more and more of the opinion that anyone owning FTX or doing business with them did virtually no due diligence. Example: Mr. Wonderful didn’t do his homework. Should have listened to Larry David.
· Update: Sam Bankman-Fried, known as SBF, is “under supervision” in the Bahamas after apparently attempting to flee to Dubai with Nishad Singh, director of engineering, and Gary Wang, co-founder. Details have emerged that FTX had partnered with Ukraine to process donations to their war efforts. This whole thing just keeps getting smellier and smellier.
· Measuring The GOP Election Underperformance. Very baffling. My guess is the culprit is mass mailouts and ballot harvesting.
· Arguing with your boss in a public forum doesn’t seem like very good judgement to me. Twitter employee demonstrates the entitled mentality of silicon valley before Musk axes him. Maybe he can get a job in a coal mine.
· The new Malboro Man? 50-year-old Chinese man runs marathon in 3:28 while chain smoking cigarettes. Talk about out-psyching your opponents.