Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
We saw the FBI agents holding the fort down outside Mar-a-Lago with big weapons. It was sickening. Christopher Wray should be sent packing and the FBI should be dissolved and reconstituted. It has become an unaccountable and politically corrupt organization.
· I strongly suspect that the Mar-A-Lago raid may have the opposite effect of what the perpetrators intended in that it appears to have solidified and perhaps enhanced Trump’s support. One indication of this is the fact that with the midterms approaching, vulnerable Democrats are largely silent. In related news Trump thanked the FBI for kicking off his 2024 reelection campaign.
· Details of What FBI Seized at Mar-a-Lago Make FBI Raid Look Downright Scandalous. Cocktail Napkins and birthday dinner menus? Wonder if the FBI found any classified shoes?
· Dork Brandon. Funny post, proving once again that the left can’t meme.
· Today’s Energy Tutorial. Very interesting contrast between France and Germany.
P.S. I once asked a libertarian Frenchman I knew how France succeeded in building out a substantial fleet of nuclear power plants (mostly in the 1980s) at precisely the moment we gave up on them. His answer made sense: “It is simple; you see, in France, our Communists supported nuclear power, while your Communists [he had in mind Jane Fonda, etc] opposed it.” This is true: the French Communist Party, deeply embedded in France’s trade unions, saw lots of unionized jobs to be had.
Also, another key difference between American nuclear power and French nuclear power is perhaps best explained by . . . cheese. As my French pal said: “The problem with America is that you have one kind of cheese, and dozens of different nuclear reactor designs. In France, we have 300 kinds of cheese, but only one nuclear reactor design, making it cheaper and quicker to build.”
· Paul Krugman beclowns himself yet again. It seems to be a habit.
· Sometimes the facts just don’t cooperate with the narrative. The suspect in the serial “hate” killing of four Muslims turns out to be another Muslim. Biden and Kamala were already ramping up their rhetoric.