Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· I’d call this a smoking gun. Sen. Josh Hawley obtained a directive from President Biden from an American official who was in Afghanistan during the botched evacuation. They were directed to load the planes with unvetted Afghans. As the article points out, stories that reflect poorly on Democrats have a way of disappearing from the news quickly without leaving a trace. A mere fraction of the thousands of Afghans we brought back were vetted, and we are already paying a price for it. Here is the Presidential Directive from President Biden:
President Biden phoned Ambassador Wilson with the following directive about who to clear to board evacuation flights.
1. Anyone with a valid form of ID should be given permission to go on a plane if that person plausibly falls into the categories we will evacuate, U.S. citizens and LPR’s plus their immediate families, LES plus their immediate families, those entitled to an SIV [Special Immigrant Visa] and Afghans as risk.
2. Families including women and children should be allowed through and held to fill out planes.
3. Total inflow to the U.S. must exceed the number of seats available. Err on the side of excess.
This guidance provides clear discretion and direction to fill seats and to provide special consideration for women and children when we have seats. I repeat that C17 flight volume will increase.
· Defund The Cops! Not the ones you think. The “Council Of The Parties” conference.
· I shared with you yesterday Tom Cotton’s upbraiding of Merrick Garland. Josh Hawley also did a good job in his “epic assault.” B
· Getting the feeling that there is more to come from Durham. “Sources close to the probe” indicate some witnesses have been granted immunity and are cooperating with prosecutors. I think we all know who should be at the top of the list.
· I’m sure a lot of you saw this clip of an Marine vet disarming a potential robber. He dressed appropriately for his award ceremony.
· Florida reaches lowest case rate in nation as liberals pull their hair out over DeSantis’ successful policies.
· Long-time Clinton operative Steve Bachar has been charged with felonies and an arrest warrant issued. He has already had several judgements against him. A Denver attorney, he was once co-chair of the Clinton Global Initiative.