Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· I believe we’ll look back at this date as the date that sealed President Trump’s reelection and the shifting of the House of Representatives from blue to red. Only two Democrats voted against the House resolution formalizing impeachment. That means that several who are from districts that Trump carried in 2016 willl have to answer to their constituents.
· I’m wondering if there is some point at which Californians will say “enough is enough” and throw out of office the politicians who have gotten them into this mess. If not, they deserve to stew in their own juices. Victor Davis Hanson: Democrats have turned California into a problem-plagued burning nightmare. Face it, there is simply no other valid explanation. California is ‘winning’ its way into the Stone Age. The Dallas Morning News had an article pointing out the differences between Texas and California. Choices have consequences. California's utopian socialists have lied and bullied their way into one disaster after another with deadly consequences — while Texas conservatives have built up a gaudy record of job growth and competent governance.
· Interesting article on why the Left should applaud Trump’s successes. Liberals Secretly Love Trump’s Policies…But They Won’t Admit It. Stephen Green: “Milton Friedman said that if you put the government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there would be a shortage of sand. Put progressives in charge of the nation’s most advanced economy, and pretty soon you can’t even keep the lights on.
· I noticed this and thought his handlers must be tone deaf. Metaphor Alert: Bernie Sanders Campaigns in Front of Empty Store Shelves. That was the normal situation in the old Soviet Union which Bernie is so fond of.
· The Gaff-O-Matic continues. Slow Joe makes joke about parents’ sex life.
· My shocked face is getting a real workout. Whaddya Know: Ukraine Whistleblower Is a Biden, Schiff, and DNC Errand Boy. I mean, really? Who would have thought it? I predict that long after Adam Schiff has been consigned to the dustbin of history, his name will live on as an adjective much like the names Quisling and Benedict Arnold have.
· The New York Times is on the job, assigning two reporters to the breaking dog story. They didn’t get the response they were hoping for when they reached out to the Medal of Honor recipient who was photoshopped out of the picture. He laughed. Twitter has lit up over this one.
· I would like to see the use of the phrase “cultural appropriation” not only banned, but punished. It is perhaps the most ridiculous thing promulgated by the nitwits of the ‘woke’ movement. Anyone using it should be mercilessly laughed out of the room. I think we should have a holiday where everyone is forced to dress up in costumes from other cultures, even caricatures. Get over it. Heck, half my friends dress up as pimps every weekend and go play golf.
· The proper response. Michigan State University students demanded that ICE agents give two weeks notice if they plan on being on campus. Agents laugh.
· LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Revenge: Tulsi Gabbard Now Leads Kamala Harris in one poll. I was always amazed that some of the MSM were touting Kamala a year ago as a probable nominee. Doesn’t appear very likely as her campaign seems to be sinking into insignificance following the Beto O’Rourke and Eric Swalwell model.
· Hopefully, this judge will be convicted. A message needs to be sent.