Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· A professor at UCLA has been put on leave for his sane reply to a ridiculous request. UCLA student Preet Bains said in a patently dim-witted reply that Professor Klein’s email was “backhandedly racist” for treating all races equally. Got that? Professor Klein’s reply to the initial request to treat black students differently was obviously from someone who is tired of all the bulls**t and is worth repeating.
Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota [George Floyd’s death at the hand of police].
Do you know the names of the classmates that are black? How can I identify them since we’ve been having online classes only?
Are there any students that may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian? What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half?
Also, do you have any idea if any students are from Minneapolis? I assume that they probably are especially devastated as well. I am thinking that a white student from there might possibly be even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they’re racist even if they are not. My [teaching assistant] is from Minneapolis, so if you don’t know, I can probably ask her.
Can you guide me on how you think I should achieve a “no-harm” outcome since our sole course grade is from a final exam only?
One last thing strikes me: Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on “the color of their skin.” Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK’s admonition?
Well said. I’m glad to know there are actually some sane members of the faculty at UCLA. His peers should vociferously back him up, but that’s not likely to happen.
· Well, that didn’t work out too well. Portland Antifa nitwits have pretty much been given free rein by the liberals in charge of the Peoples Republic of Portland, but when they decided to establish an “Autonomous Zone” in the mayor’s neighborhood, the police quickly shut it down.
· Just how crazy is it out there? This crazy. Duluth language police have decided to excise the word “Chief” from the local vocabulary. And in Oakland a black man put up exercise ropes which the mayor condemned as “nooses” and hate crimes. And just when you think maybe you’ve reached maximum crazy, you find out that Dreyer’s Ice Cream is doing away with the Eskimo Pie about which an Eskimo has complained never.
· You think maybe these people have figured out, yet, that maybe they need to change their voting habits? Seattle residents terrified after CHOP cuts them off from basic police protection. Wonder if the reality of their poor voting choices is going to be reflected at the polls in November?
· Ted Cruz had a few choice words for the Supreme Court’s decision on DACA. I’m not an attorney, but the majority’s reasoning seemed very contorted and inconsistent. Justice Thomas eviscerated the opinion in his dissent.
· Police have busted several arsonists who set fire to police cars because…they were just incredibly stupid. They seem to have forgotten Dean Wormer’s timeless advice to Flounder. I call this good policing. Thank you, Facebook.
· I hope the answer to this question is “No”, a resounding “No.” Army recommends resistance hero LTC Vindeman for promotion to full Colonel, but will President Trump go along?
· As I’ve said before, Trump yanks chain and press barks on cue.
· This is priceless. Woke corporations have apparently donated million to the Black Lives Matter Foundation, which has no relationship with the anti-police Black Lives Matter Movement. The Black Lives Matter Foundation is dedicated to “unity with the police department.” Oops
· Ronald Reagan set a precedent that some might consider following as a solution.
· I suspect there is more of this going on that you think. First time gun owners.
· A Frenzy of Conformity. I won’t be participating, thank you.
· I think we’ve learned our lesson on this nonsense. Americans Should Never Again Comply With Pandemic Lockdown Orders.
· Richard Grenell has some comments on John Bolton. My own opinion is that Bolton is that disloyal, scheming behind the scenes employee that we have all experienced at some point in our careers and are better off when they finally expose themselves for what they are.
· Time for Trump and conservatives to crush judicial supremacy: Here’s how. A very good and very timely article.
· The Best of Kayleigh series. Jim Acosta is just a glutton for punishment.
· Well, it might be nice if at least one of the Democrats on the ticket had some accomplishments. Harvard professor apologizes after suggesting Biden should pick VP based on accomplishments. What a novel idea.
· This latest act of anarchy from the citizens of the state of CHOP ought to be the one that finally pushes the feckless politicians in Seattle to take action. If not, then it’s time for President Trump to do whatever has to be done to put an end to it. The same could be said of Minneapolis.
· I hope these people all have a plan B. Biden begins assembling his presidential transition team.