Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· I continue to believe that the midterm elections are going to be probably the largest electoral rebuke of a ruling party in our history. The ABC News/Washington Post poll indicates that only 35% of Democrats want Joe to run in 2024. That’s probably overstated by those who tell pollsters they will vote for Joe in order to try and hold up their party as still a viable alternative. As John Hinderaker says, it probably means his realistic approval rate is around 30%.
· To paraphrase Johnny Paycheck, Take That Shot And Shove it. Only about 1.5% of eligible citizens have gotten the new and improved COVID booster. I got the first two shots early, before I knew what I know now. I did not get the booster and have no intention of doing so.
· Liz Cheney probably just pushed Kari Lake over the top in Arizona. Thank you, Liz. Liz is the Typhoid Mary of Republican politics.
· Joe? You listening? From Brian Wesbury, my favorite economist.
For the record, interest rates are soaring because central banks printed too much money and let inflation get out of control. They are not up because some governments realize that tax cuts are an appropriate policy. In fact, tight money and low tax rates are great policy.
· Georgia Meloni, Italy’s new Prime Minister, has the left spazzing in place. It easy to see why if you listen to her. Love her quote from G.K. Chesterton. “Fires will be kindled to testify that two and two make four. Swords will be drawn to prove that leaves are green in summer.” She campaigned under the slogan, “God, Country and Family,” fought COVID lockdowns and vax mandates, opposes mass immigration, globalism, the LGBT lobby and is pro-life. Now you know why the left is triggered.
· Politico: Biden’s economic victory lap keeps getting interrupted by reality, or something.
The American public knows better than the White House and Politico that there isn’t any victory to celebrate. This emperor has no clothes. Unfortunately, he’s surrounded by a sycophantic media industry that continues to extol his finery nonetheless.
· It appears that the FBI is out of control. There will be a day of reckoning.
· Pinch Me: CNN Actually Fact Checks Biden Over False Claims. I’m sure that was a rude shock for Dems. Et tu Brute?