Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Most bizarre story of the week. The initial reports were that Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul, who has been in the news lately for drunk driving, was attacked by someone who broke into his home in San Francisco and attacked him with a hammer. Police came, caught the perpetrator, David DePape, and Paul was transported to the hospital where he underwent surgery for a cracked cranium and injuries to his arms and hands. The prognosis is for full recovery. Both sides of the political spectrum were quick to condemn the attack. Ex-President Obama, Hillary Clinton and current “President” Joe Biden immediately decried it as being a right-wing influenced attack. There seemed to be a few holes in the story, however, but the politicians and media have been studiously avoiding reporting on them. Nothing to see here. Move on. Elon Musk was attacked by the left immediately when he tweeted a response to Hillary Clinton that “There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye.” That seems to be quite an understatement. When the police arrived, they were let into the house by a third man and found Paul Pelosi and Mr. DePape in their underwear fighting over a hammer. Mr. Pelosi admitted to knowing Mr. DePape. From the police dispatch recording: Speaking of the assailant, Paul Pelosi “advised that his name in David and that he is a friend.” Not a big stretch to bet a lot more will be coming out before this one is put to rest. What with totaling his Porsche while drunk and now totaling himself, it hasn’t been an easy few months for Paul. Not to mention the fact that I’m sure Nancy has been a real joy to live with. As someone said, “Hey, raise your hand if you’ve never been in your underwear hammer fighting another dude in his underwear a 2am in the morning while your wife was 2k miles away.” Come on, man.
· My favorite take on what’s going on at Twitter right now.
· The new Twitter. LOL.
· Testing Twitter’s new mgmt. LOL.
· He has been a congenital liar for so long that they just roll off his lips automatically. Try this one on for size. Biden: “Today, the most common price of gas in America is $3.39, down from over $5 when I took office.” Sorry, Joe. The price when you took office was $2.37/gallon according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
So, what we have in the White House is either one of the most unashamed liars ever to walk the planet, or a man with such a tenuous grasp of reality that he blames the singular disaster of his administration upon his predecessor. Either way, this appalling excuse for a president, and for a human being, should be impeached and removed from office.
· Well, that kind of racism just can’t be tolerated. Good thing it is a focus of our president. Who knew that the lack of legroom on airlines was racist?
· According to Rasmussen, Georgia a turning redder by the day. Herschel Walker now has a 48% to 43% lead in the most recent poll and Gov. Kemp is leading the clown show that is Stacey Abrams’ candidacy by a margin of 51% to 41%.
· SpaceX launches 53 Starlink satellites, lands rocket at sea (video). It’s amazing that we just take this for granted now. Has there ever been a better example of private enterprise putting the government to shame?
· Biden’s Border Crisis Is Much Worse Than You Think. Mass deportations are coming. There is no way around it.
· The looming shortage of Diesel fuel. How it could cripple the U.S. economy. I asked someone who I regard as one of the best energy analysts out there what his opinion was and this was his reply.
Storage levels are low but to say we are going to run out altogether is really off the mark. We still have refineries running all out producing diesel. PBF levered the most to it on the smaller side but no doubt the majors like Exxon and Chevron and Marathon make a lot of it too.
If you want to play a spike in diesel prices, PBF is a strong chart technically. It actually broke out at $39 and again at $44.12. At $46.68 it is only 5.8% extended. It might be a good trade on any pullback.
· Media’s attempt at damage control following Fetterman “debate.” Bon Mot of the week: What is the difference between John Fetterman and the average Democrat? Answer: Fetterman makes more sense.
· That’s what I call progress. German wind farm being taken down for expansion of coal mine.
· Classic Ronald Reagan. “You missed me.”
· Maybe you should have to pass a Civics test before you qualify to be sworn in as president. Obama thought there were 57 states and now Dementia Joe thinks there are 54. We’ve lost 3 states. Hell, with inflation we ought to have 60 by now.