Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Okay, so how did Elon do on SNL. OK, but he’s better off changing the world than trying to do comedy, especially with the second-rate writers and hack cast than SNL has these days. It’s been about 20 years since I’ve been a watcher and I’ll go back to my avoidance. Oh for the days of Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner and Jane Curtin. There has to be some talent out there somewhere, although with the current crop of writers the show has, they’d have a tough time showing it. Even the Robinhood crowd was disappointed, as they hoped Elon’s appearance might push Dogecoin to parity with the dollar. It wasn’t to be.
· I commented on this the other day. West Point probed for allegations it’s pushing critical race theory on cadets. I hope Rep. Waltz of the House Armed Services Committee keeps pushing. Now this simply unbelievable development is taking places . The Army had decided to grade on the curve for combat readiness in order to qualify more women. The War On Standards, Woke U.S. Army Edition. Grading on the curve may be fine for Law School, but not when your life is in someone’s hands who isn’t qualified. THIS MADNESS HAS TO STOP BEFORE OUR MILITARY IS A COMPLETE JOKE!
· The Week In Pictures: Wide-Angle Edition. A great one.
· An absolutely hilarious compendium of Norm MacDonald clips on Hillary Clinton from the days when SNL was actually funny.
· The biggest miss on the Employment Report since record kept. Wonder why? Try this. The consequences of extended unemployment pay is that far too many are happy to just sit back and take it instead of going to work.
· Letter from Sen. Ron Johnson to the Washington Post. More evidence of how corrupt the FBI is[JW1] and how they have been used as a tool by the Democrats. Still waiting on the Durham Report, aren’t we?
· Hopefully, we are seeing a forerunner of our 2022 elections, as Tories Are Romping In U.K. in first elections since 2019. The “Woke” are being slaughtered. Hartlepool, a Labour stronghold for decades, went Tory by a 2-1 margin.
· Quote purportedly from Sen. Kennedy of Louisiana. “Americans are thinking, there are some good members of Congress, but we can’t figure out what they are food for. Others are thinking, how did these morons make it through the birth canal.” Talk about nailing it on the head! Related from him, also: “Our country was founded by geniuses, but it’s being run by idiots.” No arguing there.
· The courts have slapped down the CDC’s eviction moratorium, which was highly questionable to begin with.
· Why Trump’s Facebook ban still matters. It was a far bigger blow to freedom and democracy than those idiots storming the Capitol.
· Tennessee joins other states in injecting some sanity into the education process. More to follow. Tennessee bans critical race theory from schools, will withhold funding[JW3] .
· A post from Steven Hayward of Powerline worth reading in its entirety.
· The Rising Body Count Of Liberalism. The consequences that resulted from the de-fund the police hysteria by the liberals and anarchists were easily foreseeable.
The left simply doesn’t care about this body count. If Critical Race Theory says we have to defund the police, then so be it. And by all means let’s get on to the important things that matter to the health of black Americans: banning menthol cigarettes.
· Armed citizen intervenes. The police are only minutes away when seconds count.
· Ben Rhodes famously said, “The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.” Those who can’t cut it as reporters wind up working for Twitter.” This might explain the nonsense warning they put on a Tweet from Don, Jr.
· Milton Friedman’s Revenge. Biden has had some comments on Friedman, indicating his economic illiteracy, but that’s nothing new. The Message Washington Needs to Hear Right Now: STOP![JW4] [JW5] The disastrous jobs report is a flashing red warning for President Biden’s check-writing spree.
· Pork is making a real comeback as Democrats try to earmark funds for woke projects.
· From Imprimis, a publication of Hillsdale College. Critical Race Theory: What It Is and How To Fight It[JW6] . It is essentially a repackaging of Marxism with Race substituted for the Proletariat. The article is a real eye-opener!
· Apparently Eric Swalwell wasn’t the only one to get in bed, literally, with the Chinese.