Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Looking forward to this Thursday when I get to introduce one of my economic heroes, Dr. Art Laffer.
· Pretty impressive. The real Iron Man.
· Bloomberg has qualified for tonight’s debate. The most recent NBC/WSJ poll shows Bernie ascendant. Ought to be fun. By now you’ve probably seen or read about Mini Mike’s disparaging comments about Farmers. Mike Pence had the perfect response. And then there’s this. Nanny Bloomberg as Mary Poppins. Brit Hume had one of the best comments. “Bloomberg seems to have acquired his knowledge of farming by watching Hew-Haw.” Looks like Lieawatha plans to take him down. Make sure you have plenty of popcorn for this one.
· The guy famous for saying “You didn’t build that” tries to take credit for building the economy that was jumpstarted by someone else. It’s worth remembering that 3% GDP was never achieved during his tenure. An accurate if somewhat pithy Tweet from Stephen Kruiser. President Trump was having none of it. Neither was anyone willing to do a little homework.
· I have no problem whatsoever with it. What Exactly Is Wrong with a President Putting America First?
· The Cruel Reality Of Life As One Of The Media’s Never-Trump Waterboys. All of their predictions are based on the conventional wisdom and assumptions of an insulted and excluded D.C. intelligentsia, and all are wrong.
· I’m sure she’s on the short list. Yeah, sure. Stacey Abrams would really like to be chosen as someone’s Vice President running mate.
· Tom Steyer continues to beclown himself. Keep on spending that money, Tom. It’s money that you can’t use to support other half-witted schemes.
· Here’s good patriotic video on why we stand for the flag.
· President Trump: Enough is enough. Threatens to sue ‘everyone’ involved over Mueller investigation and Roger Stone trial.
· The Peoples’ Republic of Oregon is getting some pushback from rural counties that would like to secede and become part of Idaho.
· These things are getting closer and closer to being something you can have in your driveway.
· Think the media learned anything from their ridiculous fawning over the Creepy Porn Lawyer? Doubtful. And,yes, Brian, you were stupid, along with the rest of the nitwits who promulgated this farce.
· David Marcus: Please forgive me for ever defending Bill Kristol. Apology grudgingly accepted.
· The Virginia legislature, with some Democrat defections, defeated a gun ban bill. The sponsor, Mark Levine, opined that the result would be ‘mass murder.’ What a pluperfect idiot.
· Well, we got an indelible example of this in 2016, didn’t we? Analysis: Political Pundits Have No Idea What They’re Talking About. Nevertheless, they persist.
· Great analogy. The Bernie Bros look poised to take over the Democratic Party in nearly the same way Delta House took over the Faber College homecoming parade: With rampant chaos and destruction. I see Tom Perez as Dean Vernon Wormer. Bloomberg I see as Greg, with some Niedermeyer thrown in.
· I’d say Leon Cooperman is exactly right on this one. “Bernie Sanders is bigger threat to stock market than Coronavirus.” Leon has also made a nice contrary bet on Energy stocks with 15% of his portfolio, almost triple the S&P 500 weighting.