Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· I’ll be in Washington, D.C. next week on a working vacation. Looking forward to seeing all the fences and razor wire Nancy Pelosi has erected. This ridiculousness needs to be brought to an end, but I somehow doubt we have a President willing to step up see it done.
You’d think the “progressives” would be totally embarrassed that their economic model is such an unmitigated failure, that they have to go hat-in-hand to the fast-recovering red states begging for money? Blue states like California were once the trend-setting, wealth-producing states that laid the path for the future of America. Now progressivism has relegated them to the status of beggar states that have to go to places like Alabama and Arkansas for handouts.
Read the whole thing.
· “The idiocy runs deep.” Burning the Bridges of Van Buren County. Over 200 “celebrities” have signed a letter to our Madame Tussaud’s President asking him to shut down the Dakota Access Pipeline while a court orders an environmental review. Aaron Rodgers is one of them.
· Speaking of “the idiocy runs deep”…This from Coca Cola. I never thought this Atlanta based company would would make my restricted list. Plana, TX based Dr. Pepper Snapple Group executives are high fiving in the halls. Dr. Pepper and Canada Dry Ginger Ale are my choices.
· Governor De Santis drops bomb on teachers’ union. He is absolutely RIGHT!
· “These are unwell people.” Trump Derangement Syndrome hits new lows. As Stephen Kruiser observed, “Trump isn’t just living rent-free in the Democrats’ heads, he’s opening up office space and doing business free of charge.” How about this one? CA Rep Linda Sanchez (D-CA) has introduced a bill to deprive Trump of the typical honors every president receives when he dies. Yep, Rent Free.
· I promise I won’t rob any banks if someone will just give me a hundred grand. Baltimore activist wants to pay criminals not to kill people. These people aren’t just demented, they are barking mad.
· At least one Democratic politician is hugely enjoying Gov. Cuomo’s fall from grace. De Blasio is ecstatic to have the spotlight diverted from his total ineptitude.
· The always on target Victor Davis Hanson on Our Descent Into Collective Madness. The common denominator with all these absurdities? An ungracious and neurotic elite whose judgment is bankrupt and whose privilege is paid for by those who don’t have it.
· Nikki Haley seems to have realized she may have killed her chances for any political future and tried to rebound by asking Trump for a meeting. He told her to pound sand.
· As the old saying goes, don’t bring a knife to a gun fight. 82 year old man defends wife from home invasion by beating intruder with the barrel of his shotgun.
· Biden calls a lid at 8AM. That Mario Cart isn’t going to play itself.
· John Kerry: The world has nine years to avoid climate catastrophe. Is there anyone so barren of intelligence and common sense that they think this bag of flatulence has the slightest idea what he’s talking about? ‘Climate Change’ Boondoggle Upon Boondoogle.
· Any Congressman who doesn’t back this bill should be primaried. Rep. Grothman (R-WI) wants Congress to bar illegal immigrants from all government assistance programs. The only assistance should be a ticket home.
· Politifact isn’t happy about their fake fact check being fact checked.
· The Democrat Governor of New Mexico spent taxpayer cash on groceries and booze according to reports. The rest he just wasted.