Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· I’ve suggested on several occasions that ridicule is the best response for the stupidity we’re faced with. In an absolute tour de force, Tucker Carlson ridiculed the Texas Democrat contingent and then absolutely eviscerated Eric Swalwell on Tuesday night. It’s worth watching.
· The Republican make-up of the Jan. 6th House Committee. Pelosi says she’ll decide on his picks ‘when she’s ready.’ Now she has vetoed Jordan and Banks, and McCarthy is threatening to pull GOP members from committee. Maybe GOP should just wash their hands of the whole thing.
· What price bipartisanship? It’s time for the Republicans to play hardball. Hope they have the cohones.
· Get Woke, Go Broke. Ben & Jerry’s pulled from NY grocery shelves.
“Apparently, the FBI didn’t just have informants within the group where the arrests were made. Rather, FBI operatives played a key role in the planning of the entire ordeal and were also seemingly instrumental in birthing the plot.”
This is not unusual. Back in the 1950s and 1960s it was commonplace knowledge on both the left and the right that the guy in your group urging people to do illegal stuff was the FBI mole. And IIRC back in the 1990s there was a “militia” group where it turned out that every single member was an informant for some federal agency or another. -Glenn Reynolds.
· Dr. Fauci note to self: Never, ever, agree to be questioned by Dr. Rand Paul under any circumstances.
· I’m willing at this point to give Black Rifle Coffee the benefit of the doubt, but Stephen Kruiser has a point.
Conservatives shouldn’t be treating The New York Times and its ilk with any kind of courtesy. Unless you want to be a turncoat, it’s not going to work out well for you. Don’t hang out with an enemy who spends all day pointing a knife at you then turn away and act surprised when you get stabbed in the back.
Everyone isn’t convinced. They have some fences to mend.
· Piling on and deservedly so. The Rank Shame of the FBI’s Rank and File. Hopefully, in 2024, President Trump or DeSantis will send the modern-day equivalent of Gen. Sherman through the halls of the J. Edgar Hoover Bldg. The FBI Has Some Serious Corruption Problems.
· Just how brazen has crime become in California? This brazen. The old ‘five finger discount’ at Target.
· Rural Democrats are too scared to mention their own party affiliation when campaigning. Tim Ryan, running for the Senate in Ohio ran a three-minute commercial without mentioning that he is a Democrat one single time.
According to Axios, Democrats running for office outside of the big cities are quietly leaving their party affiliation out of their campaign ads in an attempt to distance themselves from what they see is a toxic brand.
· Not too upset with USA Women’s Soccer loss to sixth ranked Sweden. After taking a knee during the National Anthem, all 22 players, the USA Women’s Soccer Team loses to Sweden 3-0, breaking 44-game winning streak. The US team was ranked #1. As Stephen Miller said, “It looks like they showed up to kneel, not to play.” And, of course, the Babylon Bee couldn’t resist commenting. They were roundly castigated online.
· Ted Cruz if blocking diplomats from being approved. I’m glad to see a Republican acting like the Democrats behave when the shoe is on the other foot. Block them at every turn until Nov. 2022.
· The flight of the Texas Dems is a classic Democrat venture in distraction and deception, though it has backfired at a nuclear level. Texas Dems’ Tangled Web.
· It seems that racial preferences in college admissions are popular only among college administrators, Democratic politicians and liberal judges, and various other members of America’s elite. A new survey by College Pulse shows that 67% of college students strongly support “race blind” additions. Among Blacks surveyed, 75% support “race blind” admissions. Kind of reminds me of the polls on Voter ID.
· Keep it up Joe. Grocery prices could rise 10-14% by October, Grocery Chain CEO Warns.
· We’ll end on a happy note. Oscar Peterson, the Greatest Solo of All Time? Pure toe tapping, ear to ear smiling fun.