Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· The Week in Pictures: Met Gala Edition. A good one.
· Powerline puts it in perspective. Durham Harvests More Small Potatoes. There are bigger fish that need frying.
· Unbelievable! Honeywell employee fired for not embracing Critical Race Theory. Honeywell is being sued on his behalf by the Upper Midwest Law Center. What the hell is happening to our country?
· Mask/Vaccine Nazis are getting more unhinged every day. For goodness sakes, read the science. Don’t rely on the COVID porn being promulgated by politicians and the media who are spreading total bulls**t. Does anyone in their right mind believe Slow Joe Biden has the slightest clue about any of this stuff?
· The Southern border is totally out of control. I though Joe had put Kamala in charge. Since Joe stopped the flights taking Haitians back to Haiti, thousands have shown up. We need to be shipping illegal immigrants home by the thousands and enforcing the laws already on the books[JW1] . Those already spread around the country need to be rounded up and expelled. We are a sovereign nation, and we need to act like one. No other country on the face of the earth would put up with this. The Biden administration is trying to limit coverage by using the FAA to curtail the use of drones.
The Biden administration is overwhelming us with policy-made catastrophes, Cloward-Piven style. Byron’s column concludes on precisely this note: “[T]he surge at Del Rio is just the latest disaster that is Biden’s border policy. It’s not an accident. It is not an unintended consequence. The president and his top aides formulated these policies knowing full well they would create powerful new incentives for would-be migrants to cross illegally into the U.S. And now it’s happening, more and more and more.”
· People are finally beginning to rebel and force change. Parents cheer Ohio mayor who told school board to “resign or be charged” over pornographic lessons.
· More on Gen. Milley. Gen. Milley must go for subverting civilian control of the military.
Members of the armed forces, even at the highest level, don’t get to make policy. They don’t conduct secret back-channel meetings with their foreign counterparts without first being instructed to do so by their duly elected leaders. They serve at the pleasure of the president, who is elected by the American people. They work for us, not the other way around.
As far as I am aware, nothing resembling what is alleged of Milley has ever taken place in the history of the United States. Thank heaven for that. No matter how divided our political life becomes, all Americans should be horrified by the prospect of a rogue general who cares more about assuaging the feelings of our global adversaries than he does about loyalty to the president, at whose direction he acts.
· Lt. Col. Paul Hague has resigned one year short of retirement and issued a scorching resignation letter. “I cannot and will not contribute to the fall of this great nation.”
· A tragic result of our botched Afghanistan withdrawal. As revealed by the NYT’s, the drone strike killed an aid worker and ten children.
· Is there no way to get rid of Judge Emmet Sullivan. He was last heard of during the fiasco involving Gen. Flynn. Now he’s exacerbating the crisis at the border.
· If true, this is a step in the right direction. General Dynamics just cancelled their vaccine mandate rather than lose 40% of their employees who were prepared to walk.