Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· For those of you interested in my comments yesterday about the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, here is a white paper on the subject you will find interesting. The members of the group are on pages 14 and 15. It is a great shopping list. I suggest you save the .pdf file for future reference.
· This could get interesting. The ‘whistleblower’ is apparently a Democrat and low level CIA employee named Eric Ciaramella who has worked with Joe Biden and been a vocal critic of the president.
· A great example of how your interests are tracked online so ads can target you. Somehow, they figured out I liked bacon. This showed up on my daily email from Amazon. Looks like a good product to me. I’ve always saved my bacon grease for sautéing onions and flavoring other vegetables. This is a great addition to any kitchen and sends a message to anyone who might see it that a real cook resides in this house.
· Isn’t this good news? 1.1 million immigrants crossed, 850,000 illegals immigrants, into the U.S. in FY 2019, nearly half-million families. This is a financial drain on all taxpayers and I’m sick and tired of it. Unfortunately, I think harsh measures are called for. There is a legal process for immigration, and anyone who skirts it should be summarily returned to their place of origin within 24 hours of apprehension.
· I’m sure that not many of you know who Vladimir Bukovsky was. There is a reason for this. The liberal establishment did their best to suppress his writings. This is an excellent post on PowerLine about a victim of Soviet oppression and how he fought back.
· Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) has been somewhat of a surprise to those who feared she would be another typical progressive legislator. So far, at least, she seems to be marching to her own drummer. “She’s an anomaly in a time when most Democrats are lurching so far leftward that they couldn’t find center using GPS and Sherpa guides….The Democrats have spent ten months lionizing a big-mouthed former bartender who has IQ of dryer lint.” What a great turn of phrase.
· This Tweet from The Hill seems to have really triggered the left. Jared Kushner: “A lot of the work that the President’s had me doing over the last 3 years has actually been cleaning up the messes that Vice President Biden left behind.”
· Full interview with Barry Diller on CNBC’s Squawk Box. Diller, former chief of Fox and Paramount Pictures and now chairman of IAC was on to discuss Facebook and of course couldn’t miss an opportunity to bloviate on his distaste for President Trump. Joe Kernen masterfully triggered him into revealing his bona fides as an Eastern liberal “elite” and the poster boy of what the electorate is rebelling against. Go to the 15 minute mark.
· I wouldn’t be looking for my name on the Colonel’s promotion list if I were LTC Vindman. As one commentator said, “People repeatedly fail to understand that a Lieutenant Colonel is roughly the equivalent of a coffee boy at these levels of foreign policy.
· An apt description of the Obama national security team which included James Clapper, John Brennan, James Comey, Susan Rice and Samantha Power as “an utterly repulsive crew.” “Clapper may be excused for his stupidity, but a special shame attaches to Comey and Brennan.”
· Oh No! I though we had 12 years left to save the planet. Now I find out we only have 14-18 months. What a dilemma. Gonna lose a lot of sleep over this.
· Meanwhile, we are in the midst of the longest economic expansion in U.S. history. I somehow don’t think the half-baked economic nonsense being promulgated by Bernie and Liz is going to fly with an electorate that is literate enough to read the headlines.
· Say Goodbye o Congresswoman Naked BongHits. I predicted last week that she wasn’t long for Congress. Some funny comments as she exits blaming everyone but herself. “Let ye who has never brushed a congressional aide’s hair in the nude, taken naked bong hits, gotten an Iron Cross tattoo, and posted wife-sharing pics to a wife-swapping site cast the first stone.”
· Very good article from Don Surber. JFK, Sun Tzu and Trump. “Baghdadi is dead. The Kurds are safe. The border is secure. And if that is failure, let us have more.”
· With all the problems facing New York City, like an idiot for a mayor and taxes out the wazoo, the city council has decided to strike a blow for overweight ducks everywhere by banning foie gras. If I lived there I’d have a huge foie gras and champagne tasting party and make sure PETA knew about it, too. The price of admission would be that you have to wear a MAGA hat.