Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· For good or bad, the Democrats have put impeachment on the table as a political strategy. The question is whether they will be on the receiving end if the Republicans sweep the House and Senate in 2022. It’s a fair argument that using Executive Orders to repeal Immigration Law is an impeachable offense. We’ll see what develops. I’m guessing we’ll see this film clip a lot over the next few years.
· Right at the end of the proceedings, the Democrats floated the idea of calling witnesses. They quickly backtracked when they realized that would mean the Republicans also would get to call witnesses. That would have been fun. Meanwhile, it appears that Impeachment: The Sequel will go straight to DVD. There was one truly enjoyable thing about the failure of the Senate to convict. It was the reaction from the nitwits in Hollywood.
· One result of the impeachment farce was to flush out some weak-kneed Republicans who can’t be trusted and will almost certainly be primaried. Several have already been denounced by their state Republican hierarchy. Stephen Kruiser has some thoughts on the subject in his Morning Briefing: Post Apocalypse GOP 2021 – Graham’s In, McConnell’s Out.
· And Nancy is facing some louder and louder questions.
· Trump has some comments following the failed impeachment and some hints of his future plans. “Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun. In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. There has never been anything like it!” That doesn’t sound to me like he’s getting ready to fade from the limelight. Psychiatrists everywhere who depend on TDS for their living must be overjoyed. This Tweet of the Year sums it up nicely.
· You just can’t make this nonsense up. Oregon is encouraging teachers to register for training that encourages “ethnomathematics” and argues, among other things, that White supremacy manifests itself in the focus on finding the right answer. Imagine that! Using math to “find the right answer.’ These people need to be ridiculed mercilessly and laughed off the stage.
· More evidence of the complete lack of common sense and viciousness of our current political class from Houston. Dr. Hasan Gokal, a Houston physician, had a small quantity of vaccine that was going to expire and rather than have that happen, he found qualified recipients and inoculated them. Good idea, right? He was fired from his job and prosecuted. The judge found the charge so absurd that he dismissed it, but the Democratic prosecutor has vowed to take it to the Grand Jury.
· Whatever the Democrats are accusing you of is exactly what they are doing. A good example.
· From Professor Jonathan Turley of GWU Law School. Some interesting comments about the impeachment.
· Column of the month? Nevertheless, Xi persisted. Very good.
· Things you don’t expect in The Times. They turn on California. From Ezra Klein: California is making liberals squirm. Meanwhile, the recall campaign has apparently reached the necessary 1.5 million signatures on the recall petition. Richard Grennell may be setting up a run. In other news, a San Francisco supervisor says the lack of tourists now has criminals targeting residents. Am I the only one that finds that hilarious? They are getting what they voted for good and hard.
· Speaking of impeachment…calls are growing for Gov. Cuomo to be impeached and prosecuted. Joe Biden, you may remember, has held Gov. Cuomo out as the “gold standard” of dealing with the coronavirus. How laughable is that? Cuomo is currently under a lot of pressure for his lying about nursing home deaths and his totally inept handling of the virus. The story has finally gotten so widespread that the media can no longer ignore it, much to their chagrin.
· The Lincoln Project has been thoroughly discredited and scorned and it’s founders are washed up.
· The U.S. Navy continues its descent into ‘wokeness.’ As I’ve said on multiple occasions, we need a thorough cleansing of the flag ranks in the military.
· There is just so much to choose from. This week’s edition of Campus Insanity.
· You might have seen this story about the idiot who used Gorilla Glue to spray her hair. What could possibly go wrong? Well, not we know racism was involved. Really. I once had a girlfriend who used Super Glue, mistakenly thinking it was eye drops. That was a fun phone call and trip to the emergency room. Apparently, she isn’t alone. One guy who didn’t believe her story issued a challenge and wound up in the emergency room with a Solo cup glued to his face.
· This is getting interesting. Expert says 154 pages of findings on UFO crashes released by Pentagon may “change our lives forever.”
· Some people just never learn. Never, ever, apologize to the Woke Police.
· Sneak preview of Green Nude Eel: Frozen wind turbines hamper Texas power output.
· Given the higher birth rates among conservatives, this is probably a good idea. Students willing to politically discriminate when it comes to dating.
· Meanwhile, Netanyahu is sitting by the phone. Biden first president in 40 years to punt on contacting Israel.
· After all they did support the “peaceful protests” so it kind of makes sense. Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee hires former gang member who shot two people for top spot.
· We all remember the ‘Miracle on Ice’ from the 1980 Olympics U.S. vs. Russia hockey game. I remember watching it live. Seven years ago on Monday, at the 2014 Olympics, was another one courtesy of T.J. Oshie.