Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· I’m just shocked! Yea, really. FBI improperly used warrantless search powers more than 278,000 times in 2021, FISA court filing reveals. To quote Sarah Hoyt: “Telling us they fixed the problems is not enough. Unless there are trials and people going to jail, they didn’t fix the problems.”
· Watched the House Judiciary subcommittee on Weaponization hearings yesterday with the FBI whistleblowers. It should have been carried live on every network. If so, we might have witnessed a mass uprising of outraged citizens.
· 160 retired Admirals and Generals have signed a letter to Congress urging them to defund the military’s insane Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program. Flag Officers 4 America. The letter begins:
We respectfully request that Congress, pursuant to its constitutional powers “… to raise and support Armies …” and “… to provide and maintain a Navy …,” take legislative action to remove all diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs from the Department of Defense (DoD). Additionally, we ask that you ensure that no DEI related policies, programs, and funding are included in the 2024 NDAA.
As our Nation faces looming threats from “foreign” adversaries/enemies, our military is under assault from a culture war stemming from “domestic” ideologically inspired political policies and practices. If not stopped now, they will forever change the military’s warrior ethos essential to performing the mission of deterring aggression and failing that, to fight and win our Nation’s wars. Our military must be laser focused on one mission–readiness, undiminished by the culture war engulfing our country.
For generations, our military was a meritocracy, which, simply defined, means selection and advancement based solely on merit and ability. Service Members (SMs) were judged not by the color of their skin but by their character, duty performance, and potential. Meritocracy, coupled with equal opportunity, created conditions for all to advance and excel, which stimulates healthy competition, thereby raising standards. Historically, our military has been one of, if not the most, diverse and inclusive institutions in America.
The domestic cultural threat has an innocuous name: “diversity, equity, and inclusion” (DEI). But, in reality DEI is dividing, not uniting, our military and society. … Under the guide of DEI, some people are selected for career enhancing opportunities and advancement based on preferences given to identity groups based on race, gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, etc.
· State Department offers counseling to misgendered snowflakes triggered by email pronoun debacle. As Glenn Reynolds says, “If you need counseling over being ‘misgendered,’ you’re too mentally fragile to handle the diplomatic interests of the United States. Get another job.”
· Yesiree, Joe has really made some great appointments, hasn’t he?