Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Law & Order: Microaggression Victims Unit. Outstanding!
· A few things to think about that will be the result of the fraudulent Inflation Reduction Act. 1. Reduced Economic Growth 2. Reduced after-tax income across every income group 3. Eliminate jobs.
· Let’s start the week with some humor. Liz finally got the endorsement she’s been waiting for. Comedian and former Senator Al Franken has endorsed Liz Cheney. I’m sure that will push her right over the top! Al is obviously planning a return to SNL and is honing his comedy chops.
· Observations On The Mar-A-Lago Raid. On Friday, Attorney General Merrick Garland held a brief press conference at which he answered no questions but delivered a brief statement taking responsibility for authorizing the search warrant. Does anyone with half a brain believe he didn’t get Joe Biden’s approval first? He appeared nervous, almost like it was a hostage video.
· Speaking Of Ethics. Powerline’s commenst on the commentary in NRO by John Yoo and Robert Delahunty, both of whom know what they’re talking about, Why The Public Is Skeptical of Garland’s Mar-a-Lago Story.
Garland had hardly vacated the podium when leaks from the inside began to flow to administration-friendly media. These allowed the agencies to put their self-serving spin on the raid without having to take responsibility for, or permit questioning of, those claims. Garland knows how Washington, D.C., works. He apparently wants to have it both ways: a trickle of official information but a gusher of selective, off-the-record disclosure.
· From Kimberly Strassel in the WSJ. The Payback for Mar-a-Lago Will Be Brutal. It needs to be.
· The path we’re heading down if we don’t neuter the green energy movement. Britain is facing a very rough winter amid what is euphemistically being referred to now as “load shedding,” another word for blackouts. Already, we’re seeing some disturbing signs like this. Let’s learn from the price Europe is paying.
· It’s pretty obvious that our media lemmings get their talking points from their daily memo from the DNC. Raid is out. Search is in. LOL.
· The Morning Briefing: Republicans Better Not Wuss Out If They Win Big in November.
If the Republicans get some power back we’re going to need more than a lot of dog-and-pony show hearings. And we definitely won’t need any “above the fray” garbage. If there are hearings, there had better be results. Democrats in orange jumpsuits kinds of results. Every Republican in Washington needs to Google how to say “scorched earth” in as many languages as possible.
· Feeling sorry for Britney Griner? I hate to be uncompassionate but there does seem to be some Karma involved here. You may recall that she didn’t want the national anthem played before games she appeared in. I’m guessing she’d now be willing to sing it herself in front of a packed stadium and then recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag while waving Old Glory..
· Another FBI Scandal? The FBI appears to be reclassifying some past crimes as “domestic violent extremism” under pressure from above. I don’t doubt this for a second. The FBI needs to be gone through and vetted from top to bottom.
· Great clip! The Top 100 Plays in NFL History. 28 minutes of incredible football.
· The liberal Miami Herald may not be in favor of it, but I am and wish other red states would take their cue from Florida.
· ‘We’re Done Waiting.’ Arizona reveals new border wall with Mexico.
· Libs were not happy about Tulsi Gabbard filling in for Tucker Carlson. I missed it, but by all reports she did a bang-up job.