Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Yesterday was the 78th anniversary of the D Day invasion. I had never seen this letter to all seaman from Admiral A.G. Kirk, Naval Commander, Western Task Force. This is the letter my father would have read and had in mind as he led his landing craft into the beaches of Normandy on the morning of June, 6, 1944. I remember him telling me that at one point he expected to get the order any minute to begin evacuating the troops from the beaches. I doubt that anyone who wasn’t there can even imagine what those men went through. Reading about it, as many of us have, fills us with pride and awe at what these men experienced and overcame. I’ll always remember my father telling me he didn’t sleep the night before the invasion, but prayed all night, not for his survival but that he would do his duty to his men.
· You’ve got to be kidding me. Biden to sit down for first interview in 118 days with noted journalist Jimmy Kimmel. How embarrassing. Was Whoopi tied up?
· This didn’t age too well, did it? “Experts say” is often the key that you can stop reading.
· The Biden Ordeal. Imagine, Joe Biden is making Jimmy Carter look like a good president.
· In the New York Times, The Upside Of Inflation. Why of course, why didn’t I think of that. A perfect time to cut down on red meat, chicken, fish, eggs and boost your intake of lentils. This is the New York Times, not the Babylon Bee.
· Huge ‘Mistake’ in 2020 Census. You’ll never guess which party it favored. How did you know?
· Well, after all, it’s not like they attended a rally at the Capitol. New York attorneys accused of firebombing police car given generous plea deal. They must have been taking part in the “peaceful” riots. The whole deal is disgusting, but at least they are disbarred for life.