Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Death to Me! David Mikics, the John and Rebecca Moores Professor of English at the University of Houston has written one of the best articles I’ve read on our ridiculously woke cancel culture. It is fitting that the New York Times, which was a Stalin apologist for years, is the subject of the article. I encourage you to read this and, if you haven’t seen it, to watch the movie The Death of Stalin. It is on Netflix.
· Disney has gone STARK, RAVING MAD! ‘The Muppet Show’ has an ‘offensive content’ disclaimer, now. It also appears before Aristocats, Peter Pan, Dumbo and Swiss Family Robinson. You just keep thinking that it can’t get any crazier and you just keep getting proved wrong. Here is what the ridiculous disclaimer says, Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together. Since my children had these tapes and watched them over and over as children, I’m sure they have been irreparably damaged. Oh, well. It’s been a good week for updating my personal restricted list. First Coca-Cola and now Disney. I have to admit that my favorite character in Peter Pan was Chief Great Big Little Panther, PrincessTiger Lily’s father. I’m hopeless.
· An HHS pick to really be proud of. This is the walking ad for gender dysphoria that took his/her mother out of a nursing home before making sure others were confined and exposed to COVID. Dr. Levine’s confirmation hearing is on Thursday. Someone needs to play this and then ask some pointed questions. Holy Cow!
· Glenn Reynolds has it right. Just remember: If you interpret “woke” as a synonym for “crazy and stupid” — or maybe “crazy, stupid, and vicious” — you’ll seldom go far wrong. Woke Me When It’s Over.
· From Instapundit: I keep hearing how that loser Trump left the GOP in ruins: Republicans Outraise Democrats Across the Board in January.
· A very good question. Why Do Red States like Tennessee allow radicals to hijack their taxpayer funded universities? I’d say it’s because of a legislature that is asleep at the wheel. Exercise the oversight you are supposed to do and control the purse strings.
· What could possibly go wrong with this nitwit in charge of the Senate Subcommittee on Military Seapower? I guess we’re lucky that Hank Johnson isn’t on the House version. I’d hate to see Guam tip over due to too many Marines stationed there. Go to 1:18 if you think I’m kidding. How in hell did the Admiral not burst out laughing?
· Thanks for making that clear, Joe. I’m sure we’re all better off for knowing that. How long is this going to be allowed to go on?
· Bond Fund holders beware. Bond ETF’s of every flavor hammered by building inflation bets. Bond funds of all stripes will get hammered in a rising rate environment.
· Justice Thomas had a stinging dissent on the Supreme Court’s refusal to hear Pennsylvania election cases. “Inexplicable”
· This guy has way overshot his expiration date. Please, the hook. Dr. Fauci’s Baffling Advice.