Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Afghanistan is failing just a month after Biden say’s it’s unlikely Taliban will take over. Haven’t any of these idiots ever read any history. At least we’re not trapped in the Khyber Pass like the British. Biden’s shameful Afghanistan pullout. Biden isn’t bright. He never has been. But is he stupid enough to have believed it unlikely that the Taliban would, in short order, overrun Afghanistan and seize control of the whole country?
· My thoughts: If after 20 years and billions if not trillions of dollars and a well-equipped armed forces of 300,000 troops you are unable to maintain a stable government and defend your people, it’s not up to the U.S. to continue to support a thoroughly corrupt government and continue to waste money and lives. The blame for this travesty lies solidly at the feet of establishment politicians who have refused to learn the lessons of history. I was in Vietnam as we transferred the responsibility of defending their nation to the ARVN troops. The results are similar to what we’re seeing unfold in Afghanistan. Add to that fact that Afghanistan has never been a true nation as much as a loose and shifting confederation of warring tribes. We’re just lucky that we didn’t have to exit the country through the Khyber Pass like the British in 1842. The bottom line is that if the Afghans are not willing and able to defend themselves, there is nothing we can do to help them, and our best option is to admit defeat and exit the country. Twenty years is enough. It’s not worth one American life to prolong this failed experiment. The world needs to be on notice that we will do everything we can to help those who fight for freedom, but our patience is not infinite, and our help is conditioned on the commitment of those we aide.
· The Week in Pictures: Peak Liberal Insanity Edition. Don’t count on it.
· If you don’t think that calling your Representative or Senator makes a difference, here’s a blast from the past on how Reagan did it successfully.
· Star Wars Filmmaker Makes Documentary Slamming 'Islamophobia,' Ends Up Showing Why There Is 'Islamophobia.'
· The co-founder and 50% owner of “fact checking site” Snopes admits to serial plagiarism.
· It also smacks of idiocy. “The Biden administration pleading with OPEC to increase oil production to rescue the United States from high fuel prices months after cancelling the Keystone XL pipeline smacks of hypocrisy,” Alberta Energy Minister Sonya Savage said in a statement Wednesday. “Keystone XL would have provided Americans with a stable source of energy from a trusted ally and friend.”
· America nearly got hypersonic aircraft decades ago. At the time the expense was too great so the focus became the Gemini program Interesting f article.
· Ah, the wonders of Socialism. Cuban Olympic Gold Medal boxing champion returns home and if gifted with cooking oil and two packs of hot dogs.[JW1] Oh, yes. And some plantains.
· OK. I’m listening. Fully vaxxed man dies of COVID. Doctors say ‘would have been worse’ without vaccine.
· Somehow, I find this surprising, and telling. Pfizer does not mandate vaccine for employees.
· It has only taken Biden six months to get where it took Jimmy Carter three years. Turning to Afghanistan, we have 5,000 people working in the American military-diplomatic complex. What a disaster. After 20 years… If the country can’t stand on its own for even a few weeks, what would another five years—and 5,000 more embassy staff—hope to accomplish?
· Tucker Carlson mocks Sandy Cortez. To answer the question posed at the end of the article, Yes, ridicule is the proper response.
· When you’ve lost Maureen Down…Her comments of Obama’s birthday bash.
· Biden’s Pentagon nominees: More diverse and more of them. We’re in a world of hurt, folks.
· I know how we can save a lot of money in the bloated budgets of our institutions of higher learning. Diversity ‘bureaucrats’ outnumber history professors at top colleges.