In The News for Friday, January 21, 2022
· I had hoped that this radical appointee could be blocked. Biden’s FCC Commissioner nominee Gigi Sohn wants to nuke right-leaning broadcasters from air
· CNN tries and fails to cover for NPR’s fake reporting on Supreme Court ‘mask feud.’ The story was published by Nina Totenberg. All you need to know. NPR Doesn’t Care About The Truth.
· CNN seems to be ignoring the First Rule of Holes. When you’re in one, stop digging. CNN: ‘Everyone’ Excited by Prospect of Hillary Clinton’s Comeback. Really?... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, January 20, 2022
· As usual, the Babylon Bee’s satire gets pretty close to the truth. Democrats Warn That Republicans Plan To Steal Election By Blocking Democrat Efforts To Steal Election.
· Looks like the government is rolling out more free COVID tests that have a greater degree of accuracy and fewer false positives.
· It just keeps getting more ridiculous. Erik The Red Rolls Over In His Grave.
In The News for Wednesday, January 19, 2022
· I would normally chalk this story up as more than likely being fake, but in this day and time who knows. Substitute teacher claims she was fired for failing to meow back as student who identified as a cat.
· My opinion of Justice Gorsuch was already high, but his refusal to go along with the mask bulls**t only reinforces it. No one on the Supreme Court was wearing a mask except for Justice Sotomayor, who has... [Read More]
In The News for Tuesday, January 18, 2022
· Thankfully, what could have been a tragedy turned out to have a happy ending. I found the FBI’s statement that it wasn’t an antisemitic act kind of ridiculous, though. The Jerusalem Post commented: Officials are afraid to say ‘antisemitism’ when Jews are targeted. In a press briefing, Jen (circle back) Psaki didn’t think it important to mention that the hostage situation was in a synagogue or that the hostage taker was Muslim. The press would much prefer that it has been a white supremacist, don’t you think? On another note, I can’t imagine a synagogue, particularly in Texas, that doesn’t have someone carrying a firearm.
In The News for Friday, January 14, 2022
· The right has never been a big proponent of boycotts, but if there were ever a good candidate it is Unilever. They have taken “wokeness” to ludicrous levels. Read Woke Capitalism, Unilever Edition.
· Biden’s venal speech on voting rights has been roundly. Mitch McConnell fact-checked it. You should read the whole article. It shows just how clearly the President has come under the control of the most far left wing of his party. No one in their right mind believes Slow Joe wrote that speech. He just read the teleprompter and repeated what his handlers gave him. This guy is the most unmitigated disaster ever to sit in the... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, January 13, 2022
In The News for Wednesday, January 12, 2022
· Biden was in Georgia yesterday to pitch the Democrats “Freedom to Vote Act.” It might be more appropriately named the Enabling Non-Citizens and the Dead and Allowing Multiple Votes By the Same Voter Act. He got somewhat of a rude welcome. The whole thing is ridiculous. Read Voting Rights, Liese, and Videotape. Does anyone really think that insuring voter integrity is anti-democratic? I think not.
· I’m wondering if any of my friends in California might like some advice on the best places to live in Tennessee? California considering insane plan to double its (already high) taxes. As if U-Haul needed any more business.... [Read More]
In The News for Tuesday, January 11, 2022
· As I’ve pointed out, these things are showing up everywhere.
· RCMP member sent on unpaid leave writes this powerful letter you must read. I read it and highly recommend that you do.
In The News for Monday, January 10, 2022
· Powerline’s Week in Pictures: Dating Game Edition. A good one this week.
· I think it is safe to say that the right won the Jan. 6th meme war. No Contest! And the media beclowned itself. Not to let the day go to waste, the FBI held an annual Jan.6th Reunion. Imbecile Alert! Not to be outbeclowned, Kamala Harris compared Jan. 6 to Pearl Harbor and 9/11. I think it... [Read More]
In The News for Friday, January 7, 2022
· Mask Delusion. More and more is coming out showing the total uselessness of wearing masks. Even the terminally woke Atlantic Magazine has published a story debunking on of CDC’s worst studies that supported children’s weaking masks. Masks may actually be ‘virus collection devices’. If you are under the illusion that wearing a mask is anything but virtue signaling and a political tenet, you should read this article. Watching the President parade around in a mask just reinforces ow clueless he is. As someone said, “Never take medical advice from a dementia patient reading a teleprompter.” Advice we should heed.
In The News for Thursday, January 6, 2022
· A ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated?’ I don’t think so, Joe. Tucker Carlson demolished the President’s statement.
· New York City might be ripe for a return of the Vigilance Committees that cropped up in the old West as a response to the lack of law enforcement. Manhattan’s ‘progressive’ new DA, Alvin Bragg, has announced that he will not seem jail time for anything short of murder or deadly assault.
· Stephen Kruiser’s Morning Briefing: ‘Democracy’ is the Dems’ new code word for Communism.
In The News for Wednesday, January 5, 2022
· A Controlled Experiment. We’ve skipped the twilight between night and day and gone straight to nightmare.
Proponents of communism often say it’s never really been tried. Progressivism can no longer make that excuse. Its doctrines are being widely implemented by earnest practitioners with wide establishment support. The results have come in with astonishing speed. Mayhem and misery at an open national border. Riot and murder in lawless city neighborhoods. Political indoctrination of schoolchildren. Government by executive ukase. Shortages throughout the world’s richest economy. Suppression of religion and private association. Regulation of everyday language—complete with contrived redefinitions of familiar words and ritual recantations for offenders. Read More]
In The News for Tuesday, January 4, 2022
6 important COVID data points that destroy the
prevailing narrative. It might make you
rethink some of what you thought you knew about the vaccines. Let me make this
clear. Vaccinated people are catching the virus from other vaccinated people.
This isn’t the message
· The only thing more impressive than the relentless coverage of Trump scandals in 2017 was the relentless avoidance of Biden scandals in 2020. Read More]
In The News for Monday, January 3, 2022
· The first Week in Pictures for 2022. Happy New Year Edition.
· A good compendium of out hyperventilating media. These people are idiots!
· Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of the MRNA technology has been a voice of reason and very critical of the government’s response. He suggests we are living through a “mass formation psychosis” much like Germany in the 30’s. Naturally, he has been banned on Twitter. He is without doubt one of the most qualified people in the world to... [Read More]
In The News for December 31, 2021
· Dave Barry’s annual year in review. I look forward to this every year. Excerp:
August: ... is the withdrawal of American forces from Afghanistan, a country that, thanks to 20 years of our involvement, has been transformed — at a cost of many lives and more than $2 trillion — from a brutal, primitive undemocratic society into a brutal, primitive undemocratic society with a whole lot of abandoned American military hardware lying around. Most Americans agree that we have accomplished our mission, which is the same mission that the Russians had in Afghanistan before us, and the British had before them; namely, to get the hell out of Afghanistan.
In The News for Thursday, December 30, 2021
· Wow! Just Wow! A must read. French candidate for President, Eric Zemmour’s Christmas. He is a Jew, by the way. I wish an American politician had given this message. As the author says, “What a great and glorious thing it would be for a man like that to be elected to lead France.”
· A great explanation of The Law of Holes, including all four laws.
In The News for Wednesday, December 29, 2021
· Dr. Scott Atlas called the response to COVID 19 “A crisis of academic incompetence.” This interview with Dr. Peter McCullough by Joe Rogan is one of the most interesting things I’ve seen about the response, or lack of response, to the pandemic. The NIH and CDC heads should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. I can’t tell you how fascinating this interview is or how mad you will be after watching it. Heads need to roll! It is possible that 85% of the deaths from COVID could have been prevented. If you listen to nothing else, go to the 31-minute mark and listen for sixty seconds. You will be outraged!
In The News for Tuesday, December 28, 2021
· It was a harrowing Christmas for AOC. She barely survived the terrorists seizing of Nakatomi Plaza.
· This Scientist created a Rapid Test just weeks into the Pandemic. Here’s why you still can’t get it. Your government at work. A thorough housecleaning is called for.
· NY Times Editor dies one day after Moderna Booster shot. If he had been an anti-vaxer and had died it would be all over the news.
In The News for Monday, December 27, 2021
· The Week in Pictures: Merry Xmas Edition.
· Joe’s NORAD tracking call didn’t go as intended.
· Kamala is having a tough time. The New York Times has another article that is suspected of being planted by someone in the Biden Administration. Her defense? Issues in her portfolio are too tough. Presidential material? I think not.
In The News for Friday December 24, 2021
· Biden In Brief. As Scott Johnson of Powerline says, “This is a bullseye.” Is it ever! Gerard Baker in his Wall Street Journal column, Biden Emerges as Progressive Government’s Mr. Bad Example.
It’s not too harsh a judgment to say that this is a man who has risen to the top of American public life without a trace of accomplishment. When you’ve been in national politics for almost 50 years, you ought to have achieved something, if only by accident. But this journeyman politician, when he wasn’t getting almost all the big issues wrong, was largely a bystander. He is now a husk of a leader, a dangerously debilitated figure,... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, December 23, 2021
· Moronic Variant Variations. Moronic is, of course, an anagram of Omicron. Some comments on President Biden’s speech and some thoughts from Kevin Roche, who coined the term “Moronic Variant.” The Moronic Response to the Moronic Variant.
· Elon Musk sits down with The Babylon Bee. A must listen.
· How Dr. Collins and Fauci and the establishment media conspired to keep up scared. The Collins Crock: WSJ Edition.
· Two Dems... [Read More]
In The News for Wednesday, December 22, 2021
· A Voice In The Wilderness. It’s unfortunate that our institutions of higher learning don’t have more leaders like Mitch Daniels, President of Perdue Univ. and former governor of Indiana.
· The Biden Administration Racializes Health Care. November 2022 can’t come soon enough. As terrible as the Biden’s policies are for our economy, what they are doing to the fabric of our society is even worse.
In The News for Tuesday, December 21, 2021
· President Biden seems to be getting “expodentially” more incompetent.
I had Dr. Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins University on my radio show this week and he described omicron as “a pandemic of lunacy which is dominating the airwaves.”
In Florida and many other parts of the US, though, life is back to normal. The hysteria is being promoted, yet again, in the blue states.
And it’s easy to understand why — the Democrats... [Read More]
In The News for Monday, December 20, 2021
· At the beginning of the Civil War in 1860, the North had all the gunmakers. Not anymore. Seventeen gun firms flee to friendlier states. My state has Beretta and just south of me is Glock. We’re covered.
· Another egregious case of civil asset forfeiture. This one took place at Love Field in Dallas.
In The News for Friday, December 17, 2021
· As I’ve said on many occasions, ridicule is the best offense for these people. Elon Musk did a masterful job on Elizabeth Warren. A sane world would recognize that she doesn’t have the talent to be an unpaid intern at Tesla or SpaceX and tell her to stop barfing up nonsense. – from The Morning BriefingRead More]
In The News for Thursday, December 16, 2021
· Some truly ludicrous comments from Joe Biden on inflation. He can’t even read off a teleprompter. Inflation is a raging fire right now. Joe thinks that throwing gasoline on it will help.
· Elon Musk For The Win. Twitter exchange of the year. Whatever possessed Fauxcahontas to think she could go head-to-head with Elon Musk on Twitter? Not a smart move, Liz. A really fun exchange to read, particularly the last one. The Babylon Bee took Elon to task. LOLOLOLhe
· Voice of America reporter,... [Read More]
In The News for Wednesday, December 15, 2021
· Well, wondering how the Administration will paint the highest single year over year PPI ever as part of their “booming” economy? How bad is inflation and when will it abate? Consensus for yesterday’s PPI was 0.5% M/M and 9.2% Y/Y, which would have been a record in its own right. The actual report came in at 0.8% M/M and 9.6% Y/Y. Let’s go Brandon! The Fed is expected to announce a more rapid transition away from its easy money policies when the FOMC makes their announcement this afternoon at 2 PM. Let’s hope this situation puts some steel in Joe Manchin’s spine and we are able to scrap the Biden spendapalooza bill.
· ... [Read More]
In the News for Tuesday, December 14, 2021
· There were some celebrities who quickly saw through the Jussie Smollette hoax. Charles Barkley was hilarious. And Dave Chappelle didn’t buy it for a minute. His take is roll on the floor funny. Powerline summed up the whole affair. And of course…The Babylon Bee. LOL.
· More on this sorry Biden appointee for Massachusetts US Attorney. Rachel Rollins is a vile racist. She was confirmed by a 50/50 vote in the Senate with Kamala Harris casting the tiebreaker.
· ... [Read More]
In The News for Friday, December 10, 2021
· Record Homicides In City After City. With three weeks to go in 2021, at least 12 major U.S. cities have broken their annual homicide records. If I asked you what the 15 cities with the highest homicide rates have in common, I’m guessing you know. Would you be surprised to find out they are all run by Democrats? How shocking!
· Biden cancels oil while Americans suffer and the world laughs. It’s hard to believe we have a President so inept that he has taken us from being the world’s number one oil producer to begging foreigners to pump more.
In The News for Thursday, December 9, 2021
· Good for them. The NSBA (National School Board Association) has suffered a 40% decline in revenue as at least 17 members have cut ties with them. Calling concerned parents “domestic terrorists” might not have been the smartest move they ever made.
· Apparently men are just better at
everything, even being women. UPenn transgender swimmer continues to dominant season with more record breaking wins. I
know we’re all thrilled by
In The News for Wednesday, December 8, 2021
· A little music for Christmas from Buddy Brown. “Democrats Don’t Deserve Christmas.”
· This is getting interesting. Trump’s social media platform gets $1 billion investment boost, Dems get nervous.
· True. The Trans Movement Only Survives by Bullying. What? You don’t believe men can get pregnant?
In The News for Tuesday, December 7, 2021
· Victor Davis Hanson – Pearl Harbor: A Day That Lives in Infamy.
· Today’s entry in the “You Can’t Make This Up” category may be the Stupidest Climate Change Headline Ever. Climate change causing Albatross divorce, says study.
· Biden subjected to his own previously announced standard of fitness for office. Psaki glares, lies and avoids the question.
· I’ve mentioned the... [Read More]
In The News for Monday, December 6, 2021
· Eric Zemmour is a rising political star in France, and it’s easy to see why. What he says resonates in a country facing huge problems due to immigration and a swing to the left. He gave a stirring speech last week, and Rod Dreher of American Conservative has reworked it to put it in terms that we’d like to see an American candidate deliver. I highly recommend you read it. A speech for the American Zemmour.
· There is hope. People are wising up. Fewer than half of Americans say
COVID ‘Most Urgent’ Healthcare problem. Related: It seems Omcron actually has been around for a while
In The News for Friday, December 3, 2021
· And the hits just keep coming. New memos raise alarming questions about whether politics influenced probe into Obama appointee. I think we have a pretty good idea what the answer is, don’t we?
· And this from the CIA due to a FOIA request. CIA files say staffers committed sex crimes involving children. They weren’t prosecuted. What the hell is going on? I’m starting to think that some of our government agencies need the Sodom and Gomorrah treatment. Maybe leave a nice pillar of salt where some of the buildings are now.
In The News for Thursday, December 2, 2021
· A statement from Dr. Angelique Coetzee, the South African doctor who is responsible for bringing the Omicron variant to the world’s attention. She is aghast at the reaction by some governments. Well worth reading.
· Will France save the West? Excellent post. Polls indicate the Zammour/Le Pen coalition could capture 40% of the vote. He is known for ridiculing and body slamming the left, so naturally they resort to their fallback of calling him a Nazi. He isn’t. He is the French version of America First. Recent polls show the French are fed up with immigration.
In The News for Wednesday, December 1, 2021
· Joe Biden, Communist Chinese Stooge? Miranda Devine of the Washington Post has a new book out, Laptop from Hell. If we had any real journalists left, this would be front page news and the lead story on all the networks. If it involved President Trump, impeachment hearings would have already begun. Excerpt:
Hunter Biden is a drug-addled degenerate who probably is not competitively employable. Despite those handicaps, he and his uncle Jim Biden cut a wide swath, making or trying to make major deals with giant Chinese companies that presumably are arms of the Chinese Communist Party. What did Jim and Hunter Biden bring to the table in negotiating... [Read More]
In The News for Tuesday, November 30, 2021
· New the financial markets should respond to. The South African doctor who first discovered the new Omicron strain of COVID says it is “extremely mild.”
· Rep. Boebert forgot one of the key rules of dealing with these people. Never, ever apologize. I’d say Jihad Squad is a pretty good description.
· Canada has its own Liawatha. Bonus:
In The News For Monday, November 29, 2021
· Thoughts From The Ammo Line: Friday’s column was particularly good and very timely in light of the racial divide being promoted by too many.
Let me spell out the Left’s advice to blacks: Every attitude and behavior that can possibly assure a healthy and productive future is “white” and, therefore, off limits. But that’s OK. Because everything you need to know about yourself is the color of your skin. That’s not only your “hole” card, but your entire hand, your All-Areas Backstage Pass.
In The News for Friday, November 26, 2021
· · I have to admit, this is the kind of message I’d like to hear out of one of our guys.
· An excellent piece on our founding fathers and the indelible evidence that free enterprise is the path to bounty.
In The News for Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Russia wasn’t poised to invade Ukraine when Donald Trump was president because Trump projected strength. Joe Biden projects weakness and incompetence, especially after the Afghanistan fiasco. Hence, the heightened risk of Russian aggression. Read the whole piece.
· NBC’s tips on dealing with inflation. Just don’t invite as many people to Thanksgiving.
In The News for Tuesday, November 23, 2021
· The Red Wave continues as Columbia, SC elects Republican mayor. They have had a Democratic mayor for the last three decades and Biden carried the city by 40 points. Over half the population is non-White.
· Oh Goody! Kyle Rittenhouse has reportedly retained Todd McMurty, the attorney who represented Nick Sandeman. Stick it to them good and hard.
· CNN Does Winsome Sears (& Vice Versa). An excellent interview with the newly elected Lieutenant Governor of Virginia.
In The News for Monday, November 22, 2021
· The outcome I’d like to see come from the Kyle Rittenhouse trial. Rittenhouse, Sandman Agree To Share Joint Custody Of CNN. In other news, Biden transferred power to Kamala Harris for 85 minutes while he was undergoing a colonoscopy. The highlight of her brief reign was the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse.
· An inconvenient fact for the climatistas. Climate-Related Disasters Kill Ever Fewer. I know this will be enlightening. The Hollywood Climate Institute will be delivering a lesson on Climate ‘Armageddon.’ Just can’t wait to be enlightened by this collection of nitwits.
In The News for Friday, November 19, 2021
· Simply unbelievable! U.S. Veteran hung up on by U.S. Embassy when pleading for help.
· Another Democrat economist jumps ship. And I could swear that the feckless Jen Psaki claimed that no economists were calling for inflation to be exacerbated by Biden’s spending plans. As I’ve said before, they think we’re idiots.
· MSNBC banned from the building at the Rittenhouse trial for following the jury bus. James T. Morrison of MSNBC says he was under orders to follow and photograph the jury.
In The News for Thursday, November 18, 2021
· Margaret Hoover of PBS’ Firing Line interviewed a former close associate of Mao and thought she was a chance to take a swipe at Trump. She didn’t get the response she expected.
· Sounds like a viable solution to me. Retract Every Russian Collusion Story and Fire Everyone Who Wrote Them. Problem solved. Based on past history, the likelihood is nil.
· Biden tormented by Republican guerrilla campaign and ‘I did it” stickers. I’ve commented before that ridicule is a powerful weapon... [Read More]
In The News for Wednesday, November 17, 2021
· This year’s most stunning poll finding. On the heels of a WaPo/ABC poll that showed Republicans with a 10 point lead on the generic Congressional question, the widest in the 40-year history of the poll, come a new Rasmussen poll that shows the GOP up by 13 points. Republicans lead by 22 points with Independents. Notably, 30% of Blacks say they would vote Republican if the election were held today.
· I agree with this. COVID Panic Will Only End Through Civil Disobedience and Mockery.
· It seems fair... [Read More]
In The News for Tuesday, November 16, 2021
· All you need to know about lying politicians and news talking heads. They are standing there in front of you lying and doing it with a straight face.
· Andrew Sullivan: When All The Media Narratives Collapse. You should read the whole article.
But when the sources of news keep getting things wrong, and all the errors lie in the exact same direction, and they are reluctant to acknowledge error, we have a problem. If you look back at the last few years, the record of errors, small... [Read More]
In The News for Monday, November 15, 2021
· Showing up at Gas Stations and Grocery Stores everywhere. LOL. If you want to join in, here is the link.
· Why is the FDA holding up potentially life-saving COVID treatments? Because they collapse the case for mass vaccine mandates.
· Update on academic insanity. Asst. Prof. at Old Dominion University wants to normalize pedophilia.
· More academic insanity:
In The News for Friday, November 12, 2021
· Joe was right the first time. The Department of Justice under Merrick[JW1] Garland is reportedly on the verge of agreeing to a settlement that would pay illegal immigrants who were separated from their children some ridiculous amount of money. $450,000 has been one number bandied about. It is outrageous that it should even be considered. If any kind of payment is agreed to, Garland should immediately be impeached and I’m willing to bet it would be bipartisan. Thankfully, 146 GOP lawmakers are awake and have introduced the Illegal Immigrant Payoff Prohibition Act of 2021.
· Kevin Roche was the general counsel of... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, November 11, 2021
· An excellent article in The Hill by George Washington University Law Professor Jonathan Turley. A very good synopsis of what Durham has so far uncovered. “Great Democrats” keep popping up in his investigation.
· Debunking Climate Change Myths: 50 Years of Failed ‘Expert’ Predictions! From Watts Up With That, my favorite climate change site. Steven Crowder takes it on. Remember Polar Bears were going extinct? There are actually more now. And so on…
In The News for Wednesday, November 10, 2021
· Results of a USA Today/Suffolk Poll on what is most important for Biden to do over the next year. Brutal!
· Saule Omarova’s nomination as Comptroller of Currency is in jeopardy, which is a good thing as she should never have been nominated. Her comments on the Oil, Coal and Gas industries: “We want them to go bankrupt if we want to tackle climate change.”
In The News for Tuesday, November 9, 2021
· I have to share with you a quick story. As many of you know I consider Bacon and Scotch the peak of the food pyramid. One of my readers, who is also been a friend since I got into this business in 1976, was kind enough to send me a care package that included some Bacon candy, Bacon bandages and Bacon scented soap. I now know why the bandages were included. The label on the soap said, “A Delightful Soap Infused with the Sweet Perfume of Bacon!” A bell should have gone off, but in my excitement, I ignored it. After using the soap, I went out for my daily walk which turned out to be a near death experience as I soon realized that every dog in my part of town was hot on my scent. It was... [Read More]
In The News for Monday, November 8, 2021
· The Republicans managed to seize defeat from the jaws of victory. The $1.2 trillion “infrastructure bill” passed with help form 13 RINO Republicans, but for whom it would have failed. Let’s hope they all get primaried. At best about half the bill is infrastructure. The rest is classic Congressional pork. These people need to be voted out in 2022.
· This is a pretty big deal and I haven’t seen it really covered by the media. The USS Connecticut, a Seawolf class submarine, hit an uncharted undersea formation in the South China Sea and may not be repairable.
In The News for Friday, November 5, 2021
· More on the payoffs to illegal immigrants. I might have known the ACLU was somewhere in the woodpile and they intend to pursue settlement. NOT ONE DIME should be paid to those who break our laws. I recommend payment in kind in the form of bus or airplane tickets home for every single one.
· Remember how the Georgia voter laws were supposed to be Jim Crow 2.0 and an attempt to suppress the vote? Fantasy governor Stacy Abrams... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, November 4, 2021
· Listen to this woman. Winsome Sears is a Jamaican emigrant and former Marine who just won the Lieutenant Governorship of Virginia. Somehow the media isn’t that excited about the first black woman being elected to statewide office in Virginial Go figure. Oh, she’s a Republican.
· Speaking of Methane…Some truly off the wall comments from our Dodderer-in-Chief.
In The News for Wednesday, November 3, 2021
· Well, this didn’t age well, did it? Looks like the new Governor of Virginia has some good backup in his Lt. Gov. The Republicans swept all three races, Gov., Lt. Gov. and Atty. Gen. This might put a little stiffness in the backbones of some wavering moderates in Congress an imperil Joe’s spendapalooza bill. Amazingly, New Jersey is still undecided with the Republican candidate holding a slight lead. Across the country in various elections progressives went down in flames.
· The reason for yesterday’s huge gain in the Dow Transportation Index and some comments on Dow Theory.
In The News for Tuesday, November 2, 2021
· What is really going on with Critical Race Theory (CRT) and School
· Boards and this anti-American movement to teach it? Their message seems to be CRT: It Doesn’t Exist…And It’s Awesome!
· There is nothing fake about parent’s outrage in America’s culture war. It may well determine who the next governor of Virginia is. The election is today.
· Talk about not fitting the narrative! Florida has the lowest... [Read More]
In The News for Monday, November 1, 2021
· This isn’t bordering on insanity, it is insanity. Anyone approving it or voting for it should be caned on the Capitol steps and then tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. It’s hard to believe anyone takes this seriously, but we are being led by idiots at the moment, so you can’t rule anything out. Biden appeared stunned when asked about it. It initially appeared in a Wall Street Journal report.
In The News for Friday, October 29, 2021
· I’d call this a smoking gun. Sen. Josh Hawley obtained a directive from President Biden from an American official who was in Afghanistan during the botched evacuation. They were directed to load the planes with unvetted Afghans. As the article points out, stories that reflect poorly on Democrats have a way of disappearing from the news quickly without leaving a trace. A mere fraction of the thousands of Afghans we brought back were vetted, and we are already paying a price for it. Here is the Presidential Directive from President Biden:
President Biden phoned Ambassador Wilson with the following directive about who to clear to board evacuation flights.
1. Anyone with a valid form of... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, October 28, 2021
· Bordering On Insanity. It doesn’t border on insanity. It is insanity and he should be impeached for abrogating his duties to uphold our laws and protect the citizens of our country. Watch the attached clip.
The Democratic Party has moved ever further left and Biden has bent with the prevailing wind. He has gone with the flow. He has floated out with the tide. Except insofar as he persists in the bad causes to which his administration is unfailingly devoted, he has the spine of an invertebrate.
· ... [Read More]
In The News for Wednesday, October 27m 2021
· Feel Good Story Of The Day. If you are a regular reader this isn’t a surprise to you. I have been recommending Energy stocks all year. The S&P 500 Energy sector is up 54% this year.
· Loose Ends. Let’s Go, Brandon!
· What does it tell us about the miasma we’re in when Vlad Putin is the voice of reason.
· Sen. Ron... [Read More]
In The News for Tuesday, October 26, 2021
· The Geek in Pictures. An interesting assortment of data in graph form.
· Tweet of the Week. Some Biblical scholarship.
· Thousands of Migrants Push Past Mexican Police As They Head Toward U.S. Border. I don’t think enough attention has been given to my idea to turn a twenty mile swath on the U.S. side of the border into a preserve for carnivorous predators.
In The News for Monday, October 25, 202`1
· The nickname “Slow Joe” isn’t a
recent phenomenon. In his prime Joe Biden was never a towering intellect and we
aren’t anywhere near his prime. Over half of those polled by
think that he is not in the driver’s seat an are not confident that he is
physically or mentally up to the job of being President of the United States.
The press, of course, continue to try and portray Biden as being in charge. The
poor regard they are held in by most Americans will only deteriorate further as more and more catch
In The News for Thursday, October 21, 2021
· It is beginning to dawn on the Dems that Manchin is serious. He and Sen. Sinema stand between us and disaster. Hope they have the guts to stand by their positions.
· The Bidens: Corrupt or Crazy. How about ‘and’. Very interesting listen.
· My thoughts precisely. ‘Rachel Levine Is 4-Star Admiral’ Is Our ‘Caligula’s Horse Is a Senator’ Moment.
· He, of course,... [Read More]
In The News for Wednesday, October 20, 2021
· Black Monday Revisited. One of the best descriptions of this event I’ve ever read. I remember it well. I knew some who were wiped out by margin calls and some who stepped in the day after and made out handsomely[JW1] .
· How long can this embarrassment go on? Until even the Democrats are embarrassed?
· It seems to be a requirement than
only nitwits need apply to. Oberlin
College. Here’s another beauty. The guy, or guy/girl who wrote this
In The News for Tuesday, October 19, 2021
· So this is what an insurrection looks like? Walking through the Capitol carrying an American flag and staying between the ropes. When we regain power, there are some people who should be publicly caned for their treatment of these demonstrators, starting with Pelosi and Schumer. Anyone who used the word “insurrection” should be banned from ever holding public office after being tarred and feathered and ridden out on a rail.
In The News for Monday, October 18, 2021
· When the Washington Post starts comparing you to Jimmy Carter you know you are dealing with an unmitigated disaster. That is the Biden presidency, so far.
Under Trump, the United States became an energy superpower. He withdrew from the Paris climate accord, approved the Keystone XL pipeline, opened the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to exploration, rolled back Obama-era regulations such as the Clean Power Plan that held back domestic exploration and production, and enabled the United State to supplant Russia and Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil producer. That not only created millions of jobs, it made America energy independent for the first time in years. And it transformed the... [Read More]
In The News for Friday, October 15, 2021
· Most pro sports have been on my restricted list since the kneeling started and all the multi-millionaires playing got “woke.” Great cartoon.
· The media has pretty much ignored this awful story out of Virginia where a trannie raped two different girls in high school bathrooms. More on the subject. The Loudon County teen was put under electronic monitoring before the bathroom assault.
In The News for Thursday, October 14, 2021
· Seeing the Northern Lights is something that has been on my bucker list for a long time.
While we are being subjected to the worst president in the history of this once-great Republic, standing right behind him waiting for the job is the most unlikeable woman in America not named Hillary Clinton.
Kamala Harris is so unpopular,... [Read More]
In The News for Wednesday, October 13, 2021
· I hope you are as terrified by this nonsense from Jen Psaki as I am. “The president wants to make fundamental change in our economy.” Just shoot me. The most intellectually addled president in our history want to change what has made us the most successful and powerful country in the history of the world and is the envy of every other country in the world. These people are morons and it is time to quit acting like they have even the slightest clue and are anything but economically illiterate.
· It’s Time For Strikes. Read the article to be reminded of just what we’re putting up with.
In The News for Tuesday, October 12, 2021
· Brandon, the gift that keeps on giving. Hilarious clip from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport. There are a lot of Brandons. Hilarious ridicule from Kurt Schlichter. Move over, COVID – Biden’s numbers have leprosy with some scabies and chlamydia mixed in.
· [JW1] From Politico, no less. Dems warn that “the President’s decline is alarming.” Glenn Reynolds comments:
In The News for Monday, October 11, 2021
· Apparently Facebook isn’t the only one with a Whistleblower. The White House has one.
· A poll I don’t trust. It seems way too high. Gallup: Trust in the Media sinks to 36%, second lowest ever. No way it’s that high.
In The News for Friday, October 8, 2021
· Another significant company exits California. Tesla has moved their headquarters to Texas. To quote Davy Crockett, “you can go to hell, I’m going to Texas.” Elon himself left two years ago to move to Austin, TX. At least 75 companies have left California this year alone. California, A Business Hub No Longer.
· As Biden has sunk in the polls, his minions have hoped that he... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, October 7, 2021
· Our betters on the left and those in control of social media really don’t like the Babylon Bee, a very successful and funny satire site. Out pompous, woke betters really don’t like being ridiculed, that’s why it is such an effective tactic. The social media sites have been restricting traffic to the Babylon Bee, so I am going to try and link to at least one story on that site every day. Feel free to click on it and share it with as many as possible. Today’s offering: Aides Quickly Drag President Away As He Tries To Join In ‘F*** Joe Biden’ Chant. And this one that all men can empathize with. Local Man Prays That Wife’s Text Message Of ‘OK’ Really Means OK. We’re on a roll. Here’s another great... [Read More]
In The News for Tuesday, October 5, 2021
· That was the week that was. We learned that $3.5 trillion is “free” and that Biden lied about the advice he got from the generals on Afghanistan.
Biden and his crowd have done a lot of damage already, and we haven’t seen anything yet. They have much more in store for us and we have a long way to go until the next elections can provide a check or remedy. There are countless instances of humans clinging to theories that by rights should have been discredited by experience.
In The News for Monday, October 3, 2021
· Nancy Pelosi wasn’t able to pull her folks together and get the infrastructure bill passed even with a visit from Joe Biden. Joe offered to take questions after he finished speaking, but his handlers quickly stepped in and put the kibosh on that idea. While I enjoy seeing the disarray, I fear they will eventually work out something and, as Scott Johnson says, “It won’t be pretty.”
In The News-Weekend Edition-October 2, 2021
· Every Friday Powerline has a feature column written by a former comedienne and liberal turned conservative. It is usually entertaining, and I enjoy it. On Friday she took George Bush to task for his abysmal speech of 9/11 this year. A lot of people have commented on it, but this is one of the best I’ve read.
Remember when the vaunted “pluralists” called YOU Bushitler? You’re supposed to be a CHRISTIAN!! What in God’s Holy Name are you babbling about trying to ascribe equivalence to Leftists and Trumpers, let alone the Taliban and Trumpers?
In The News for Friday, October 1, 2021
· A simply unbelievable statement from “Circle Back” Psaki. These people are disgusting liars who continue to think we are stupid and don’t realize we see through their perfidy.
· Liberal Hypocrisy: Chapter 12, 186. The First Law of Liberal of Hypocrisy: When liberals don’t get their way, let’s change the rules until they do.
In The News for Thursday, September 30, 2021
Lots of people are slicing and dicing the poll data that show Joe Biden in a steep decline, which is understandable. But few are willing to offer the obvious explanation for his cratering poll numbers: he is doing an unbelievably bad job as president, and his limited mental capacity offers little hope that he will be able to improve.
In The News for Wednesday, September 29
· New Frontiers in Whoppers. Biden’s trillion-dollar spending extravaganza is free. As I’ve said before, they really believe we are stupid. A $3.5 trillion socialist boondoggle is free? Right. Biden’s math for Dummies.
I see the Biden administration’s “costless $3.5 trillion” insanity as a manifestation of the credibility that the Democratic Party is now giving to Modern Monetary Theory–or, as some say, Magic Money Tree–which has been .
In The News for Tuesday, September 28, 2021
· The Biden Administration ‘Fesses Up. And possibly, an indication of the return of Chris Wallace to journalism. …Most Americans have caught on, and the Biden administration’s open border policy is hugely unpopular with voters. I, personally, will not vote for anyone who hasn’t been vocal in their criticism. Their behavior borders on criminal. I’d say it crosses the line into criminality.
· Do they really think we’re this stupid? Of course they do.
In The News for Monday, September 27, 2021
In The News for Friday, September 24, 2021
· Reports are that the Durham criminal probe has broadened into a conspiracy case and Biden’s National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan figures prominently. Durham’s latest indictment may make Russiagate the most corrupt political scandal in U.S. history. I don’t think there is... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, September 23, 2021
· ‘Wrong Way’ Biden flies the nation into yet another crisis. “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f*** things up.” – Barack Obama.
· IN OTHER WORDS, THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION IS STILL LYING TO US. Of course they are. You expected otherwise?
In The News for Wednesday, September 22, 2021
· Angelo Codevilla was killed by a drunk driver earlier this week. His piece on America’s Ruling Class is considered by some to be one of the best pieces on American politics perhaps this century. It is long, but an exceptionally eye-opening piece.
In The News for Tuesday, September 21, 2021
· 26 Governors demand meeting with Biden over border crisis. And this: Fewer than half of Americans believe Biden is mentally stable enough to serve as president. And how is this for something that makes no sense. U.S. to require COVID-19 vaccinations for arriving travelers except for illegal immigrants at Southern border. This should have been happening from day one. From the El Paso Times this rundown. Ironically, most of the Haitian illegals have been living in Chile and Brazil legally and now they will be flown back to Port Au Prince, Haiti. Not good judgement on their part.
In The News for Monday, September 20, 2021
· Update on the border. Looks like Kamala has everything under control.
· Joe Biden’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Friday, Sept. 17, 2021 will go down a one of the worst days of Joe Biden’s presidency. President FUBAR?
In The News - Weekend Edition - Saturday, September 18, 2021
In The News for Friday, September 17, 2021
· I expressed the hope that the story about Gen. Milley’s treasonous behavior was not true. It appears, by his own words, that it was true. John of Powerline expresses my sentiments perfectly in his post General Milley: Guilty As Charged.
I never would have imagined that the U.S. military could sink to the level represented by Milley. He should be fired, cashiered, court-martialed, drummed out of the Army, criminally prosecuted if possible. And we... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, September 16, 2021
· The Geek in Pictures: Peak Woke Edition. A very good collection of charts on a wide variety of subjects, economic and social.
· Treason? Resignation Calls Follow Report of Gen. Milley’s Secret Calls to China. The media is trying to cover for Gen. Milley, but if the allegations are true, the only answer is that he be reduced in rank to Private, given a dishonorable discharge and tried for treason. Gregg Jarrett agrees... [Read More]
In The News for Wednesday, September 15, 2021
· Yesterday’s bombshell was Bob Woodward’s claim that Gen. Milley met with senior military officers and told them to ignore any orders from President Trump involving the nuclear codes. Supposedly senior officers are willing to testify that the meeting took place. There is skepticism, but, if true, a court martial is called for on charges of treason. As one commentator said, it should include some wood and a rope. I fervently hope it proves to be false. Obviously, Gen. Milley needs to address this and do it with alacrity. So far, he hasn’t responded which unfortunately lends credence to the story.
In The News for Tuesday, September 14, 2021
· Tweet of the Week from Matt Gaetz.
· And a few advance pics from the coming Week in Pictures.
· Fallen Marine Rylee McCollum receives hero’s welcome in Jackson, WY. God bless his family... [Read More]
In The News for Monday, September 13, 2021
· TV on Saturday was dominated by coverage of all the 9/11 memorials and film clips looking back on that day. I was in NYC on 9/11 for[JW1] a conference my firm was holding at the Palace Hotel. I saw the second plant hit the World Trade Center and knew immediately what was happening. I immediately called my family and told them there had been a terrorist attack. My oldest son, 8 at the time, immediately went and got his BB gun[JW2] so he’d be prepared just in case. We wound up taking the train to Newark, NJ, where... [Read More]
In The News Weekend Edition for September 11, 2021
· I was in New York City on 9/11 to attend a conference on Oil Service stocks put on by Morgan Keegan at the Palace Hotel. I saw the second plane hit the World Trade Center as I was watching the business news prior to going downstairs and knew immediately what had happened. I remember well the horror of what took place, and I also remember having a burning desire for revenge, which I still have. These people need to be wiped from the face of the earth in a Biblical sense. As Gen. Normal Schwarzkopf said, "Forgiveness is up to God, we;re here to arrange the meeting."
In The News for Friday, September 10, 2021
· Joe goes full dictator, mandates vaccines and issues edict that employers of over 100 people must require vaccines or institute a testing program. Do we still have a constitution?
· A big Second Amendment “W”. Biden administration to withdraw nomination of David Chipman to head Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. ATF ought to be the name of a retailer, not a government agency. Some nitwit in the Biden administration hoped this guy would slide through the... [Read More]
In The News for Thursday, September 9, 2021
· This is so reassuring to know that the thousands of unvetted refugees are being closely watched. Apparently they are calling Uber and just leaving the detention centers. Can Biden do anything right?
· The Hand of God. A new study of the Neural Complexity of a Single Brain Cell Boosts Intelligent Design.
In The News for Wednesday, September 8, 2021
· Someone needs to be fired. National Archives Places ‘Harmful Language Alert’ On Page Hosting U.S. Constitution[JW1] .
· The kickoff of football season might be an indication of just how the tide is turning. I saw stadiums full of people with very few masks in sight. On top of that, unlike the way Trump is usually greeted by crowds, several of the football crowds erupted into... [Read More]
In The News for Tuesday, September 7, 2021
· I linked to a WSJ column by Peggy Noonan yesterday , but failed to mention that I am no fan of hers. Scott Johnson of Powerline does a good job of explaining why.
· Biden’s new partners, the Taliban, are blocking planes from taking off. What a surprise! The State Department’s response is borrowed from Freddy Prinze, “Not my job.” State Department blocking private rescue flights.
In The News for Monday, September 6, 2021
· Congressman Johnwayne Mullin is back from his trip to Afghanistan to rescue American citizens and he has a story to tell that doesn’t jibe with what the Biden administration is peddling. Who we brought out. Not American citizens and visa holders.
In The News for Friday, September 3, 2021
· The Chicken or the Egg? Am I Stupid Because I’m A Socialist? Or Am I A Socialist Because I’m Stupid? I’d say both.
· Lt. Col. Scheller addresses his actions and the reason for them.
Third, this entire experience has illustrated to me just how hungry Americans are for honesty, accountability, and reform across the government. This... [Read More]