Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Wouldn’t it be nice to go to the doctor and not have to wait a week for the lab results? The scientists at Pennsylvania State University and New York University have developed a hand-held VIRRION device that is small and almost instantaneous. When developed further, it will hopefully be used onsite in doctors’ offices.
· Think you’d like to change places with John D. Rockefeller? You might want to consider a few things. How You Got Richer Than The Wealthiest American Ever.
· You’d think that somewhere the New York Times could find a disaffected Trump voter, someone who voted for him in 2016 and has changed their mind. They thought they had one but didn’t do their homework. Turns out that the voter, who voted for Obama in 2012, and claims to have voted for Trump in 2016, didn’t vote at all in the last presidential election. A little fact checking goes a long way. They have yet to fess up.
· Great story. 100-year old Tuskegee airman promoted to Brigadier General.
· Democrats were wrong about illegal immigrants taking jobs Americans were willing to do and now they’re mad about being exposed.
· This poor nitwit looks like he paid attention to Paul Krugman and went full Paul Krugman. Never go full Paul Krugman. As Glenn Reynolds says, “It would take a heart of stone not to laugh.”
· Don’t be trying to rob the Chinese buffet in Macon, GA. You might also think twice about trying to shoot up a Church of Christ in Texas unless you want to take the room temperature challenge. Armed members quickly stopped what could have been much worse.
· An absolutely brilliant idea! I hope the President is on top of this.
· A truly moronic tweet from the always triggered Rob Reiner and my reply. He’d do well to take my advice.
· What a shocker out of California. A bill decriminalizing retail theft resulted in…more retail theft. Who would have thought? Only someone with a lick of common sense.
· Bear found walking around University of Tennessee campus. Probably addled after a night on fraternity row. It reminds me of the advice from the Yellowstone Park Ranger. He suggested wearing bells on your backpack or clothing and carrying pepper spray when hiking. He also suggested being able to recognize signs of bear presence like scat. Black bear scat usually has fur from small mammals and berries, while Grizzly Bear scat usually has bells in it and smells like pepper spray.
· Beto O’Rourke and Tom Steyer seem to be the only ones who don’t realize they don’t matter.