Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Bordering On Insanity. It doesn’t border on insanity. It is insanity and he should be impeached for abrogating his duties to uphold our laws and protect the citizens of our country. Watch the attached clip.
The Democratic Party has moved ever further left and Biden has bent with the prevailing wind. He has gone with the flow. He has floated out with the tide. Except insofar as he persists in the bad causes to which his administration is unfailingly devoted, he has the spine of an invertebrate.
· Larry Summers, Clinton’s Treasury Secretary, believes the Fed is far too woke and should stick to their knitting. I could really care less what they think about climate change or “dismantling structural racism.
*Seventy-eight percent agreed that “many public-school systems in America are failing and children are falling behind the rest of the world.”
*Sixty-five percent agreed that “allowing biological males to compete against women in high school and college sports is hugely unfair and will erase many of the gains women have made in athletics over the last 50 years.”
*Fifty-eight percent agreed that “critical race theory should not be taught in schools” because “children should not be told they are inherently racist simply because of the color of their skin.”
Any Americans who can see Biden getting us out of his nightmare are high on drugs that we regular folk don’t have access to. At this point, the only one in this country who is happy about this presidency is Jimmy Carter, who knows he will no longer be judged as the most train wreck president of the last 100 years.
· It’s that time again. The results from the annual Bulwer-Lytton Bad Writing Contest. It was a dark and stormy night.
· Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley tore into Attorney General Merrick Garland at his appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Did we ever dodge a bullet by not confirming this guy to the Supreme Court. Despite Garland’s protestations, apparently some Feds did show up at a Fairfax school board meeting and protest.
· The fact that there is even a White House Gender Policy Council should tell you all you need to know about how unhinged things are. They’ve issued a report and the White House in proud of it instead of being embarrassed by it. It recommends getting rid of cash bail so we can get criminals back on the street quicker. It also wants to facilitate government funded services to illegal immigrants. Who could possibly be against that? Try a majority of Americans.
· Feel good jury verdict of the day. A federal jury in Charlotte awarded a former top executive of Novant Health, Inc. $10 million for reverse discrimination. He was, unfortunately, a white male in a company that was trying to “diversify.” A few more verdicts like that could throw a wrench into things.
· Taxing unrealized capital gains? Well, there are always unintended consequences, aren’t there? Man excited for giant refund after claiming $1 million of unrealized charitable donations.