Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· The Inflation Reduction Act? THE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT? Are you kidding me? Do they really think we are that stupid? Apparently they do. As Penn Wharton said, ’the impact on inflation is statistically indistinguishable from zero.’ It is a lie, pure and simple.
· I think Britt Hume is right. Translating bureauspeak into English ‘rebound positivity’ become ‘this stuff doesn’t work.’One thing is becoming more and more apparent and it is that it appears your odds of catching COVID rise commensurately with the number of shots and boosters you have gotten. It was never a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated’ and official public health data prove it. See the chart below from New South Wales, Australia.
· This chart is out of New South Wales, Australia, but I would be surprised if the U.S. didn’t show the same results. Get the feeling someone hasn’t been truthful about the efficacy of the vaccines? I think Slow Joe called it a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’ This data seems to make that statement look stupid, but then again, most of his statements eventually turn out to be stupid.
· Democrat Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-CA) flips the Republican Bench the bird when she is taken out for a pinch runner. I think you can tell why they put in a pinch runner. I guess we should be grateful no one was shot this year. The GOP side won 10-0, by the way.
· A pretty good discussion of the recession or not argument. Maybe we should just use what Jimmy Carter’s economist, Alfred Kahn, did. When told not to use the term “recession”, he just used the word “banana.” His famous quote was “We are in danger of having the worst banana in 45 years.” LOLOL. Seth Mandel clears things up. “It’s not a recession unless it’s from the Recession region of France. Otherwise, it’s just sparkling misery.” Hahahaha.
· Seventeen Republican Senators bent over and voted for the Schumer/Manchin Bummer Beyond Belief spending bill, otherwise known as the CHIPS bill. We’ll call them The Spenderama 17.
· An interesting article about the hierarchy on a nuclear submarine. I take my hat off to them. Not interested in being one. I hated flying on C-130’s with no windows. I can only imagine being in a metal tube underwater.
· What a shock. Hunter Biden scandal may lead right back to Joe. Of course, it will. It already has but you wouldn’t know that if you were relying on the major networks.
· Well, it’s a start. Biden administration to complete more of Trump’s border wall project, closing 4 gaps.
· An update on what’s happening in the Peoples’ Republic of Portland. Unbelievable! Owner doesn’t have the “resources” to remove them. And, unfortunately, Congress is trying to make it impossible to buy those resources by banning “assault” weapons.
· With all the saber rattling going on it might be interesting to game what might actually happen should a naval conflict break out somewhere like the South China Sea. I tend to believe this author’s conclusion. It is an interesting article and a simulation. Dinosaurs of The Deep Blue Sea.