Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Second Quarter GDP will be reported on Thursday. Biden Administration bracing for a tsunami of bad economic news. Lots of economic news this week.
Monday: Chicago Fed Natl Activity Index; Dallas Fed Mfg Survey
Tuesday: FOMC Meeting Begins; Case-Shille HPI; Cons Conf; New Home Sales
Wednesday: Durable Goods Orders; Intl Trade; Pending Home Sales; EIA Petroleum Status Rpt; FOMC Announement; Fed Chair Press Conference
Thursday; Q2 GDP; Jobless Claims; EIA Nat Gas Rpt; Fed Balance Sheet
Friday: Personal Income & Outlays; Emp Cost Index; Chicago PMI; Cons Sentiment; Baker Hughes Rig Count
· A story I certainly hope is accurate. It is what the electorate should demand. There could be a real purge coming. As I’ve said in the past, we need to go through the government bureaucracies like Sherman through Georgia.
· If you’ve been following any of Joe’s bulls**t about oil companies in his efforts to try and slither away from the fact that he has caused oil prices to skyrocket, you might find these facts interesting. U.S. Oil companies have doubled capital expenditures year-over-year. Also, production expenses have risen 59% over pre-pandemic levels. Joe has suggested that Exxon should “start investing and start paying your taxes.” Their effective tax rate is 24.5% compared to Apple’s 13.3%. Joe, any comments, you lying, senescent fraud?
· This isn’t very encouraging. Biden fires Trump-appointed Immigration Judges. It is past time that the individual border states deploy their National Guard units to secure the border. I’m willing to bet other states would also be willing to send troops to help. It’s way past time that the border should be shut down entirely and the millions of illegal aliens wandering the U.S. be herded onto buses and sent home. There should be no birthright citizenship for illegal aliens. None.
· What a surprise! I know you are as shocked as I am. The drug traffickers in the massive fentanyl bust in California who were released on cashless bail were no-shows in court. Who would have thought? Smuggling or dealing this drug should carry the death penalty.
· Absolutely unbelievable! Father who brandished gun at McDonalds tells 4-year old to shoot at police when he is arrested.
· Another dismal study for mask usage, finding that they are in fact pathogen collection devices. Could masks actually be making us sick? Nevertheless, the fallacious Dr. Fauci is still pushing that nonsense. Interview with Brett Baier. I’m guessing he won’t go there again.
· Who is David Jakubonis? Apparently, an unhinged Democrat triggered by the despicable Gov. Kathy Hochul.
· Don’t worry, Paul, we knew you were wrong as soon as you opened your mouth. New York Times columnist Paul Krugman admits he was wrong about inflation. He didn’t see massive government spending bill as that dangerous to the economy. Sounds like he needs a refresher course in Econ 101.
· The Jury Verdict seems to be in on the Jan. 6 hearings. It is “no one cares.”
· What a shame. Equity Consultants seem to be wreaking havoc in some of the left’s advocacy organizations.
· From American Greatness, The Tide Is Turning. An encouraging article.
Yet economic concerns, while important, don’t tell the full story. On a whole host of other issues, Americans are taking the conservative side.
As you can see, there are many reasons to be optimistic for the future. Trump was far from a final hurrah for historic America—he was the beginning of great things to come. Whether or not he runs and wins in 2024, he lit a fire of world-historical proportions, one so powerful that the combined forces of the establishment have proven incapable of quenching it.