Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Every Friday Powerline has a feature column written by a former comedienne and liberal turned conservative. It is usually entertaining, and I enjoy it. On Friday she took George Bush to task for his abysmal speech of 9/11 this year. A lot of people have commented on it, but this is one of the best I’ve read.
Remember when the vaunted “pluralists” called YOU Bushitler? You’re supposed to be a CHRISTIAN!! What in God’s Holy Name are you babbling about trying to ascribe equivalence to Leftists and Trumpers, let alone the Taliban and Trumpers?
· I commented on Biden’s nomination of Ms. Omarova to head the Office of the Comptroller of Currency. Powerline also commented: How Crazy Are The Democrats? This Crazy.
So who is Ms. Omarova, whom Joe Biden wants to “charter, regulate and supervise all national banks”? She is not a banker, but a professor at Cornell Law School. Sadly, these days being a law school professor is rarely a positive recommendation. (Sorry, Glenn and Bill.) The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board [JW1] [JW2] :
Ms. Omarova thinks asset prices, pay scales, capital and credit should be dictated by the federal government. In two papers, she has advocated expanding the Federal Reserve’s mandate to include the price levels of “systemically important financial assets” as well as worker wages. …
In a recent paper “The People’s Ledger,” she proposed that the Federal Reserve take over consumer bank deposits, “effectively ‘end banking,’ as we know it,” and become “the ultimate public platform for generating, modulating, and allocating financial resources in a modern economy.”
· Another Leftist Temper Tantrum. As Steven Hayward of Powerline points out, the protesters were blocking San Francisco area liberals trying to get to work. “What a great idea: annoy the people with the most sympathy for your cause.” LOL.
· This question is obviously rhetorical. How Pathetic Is Kamala Harris? She is turning into a gold mine for Iranian propagandists.
· Swing and miss. Dems are having a tough time with DeSantis.
The Democrats have a Ron DeSantis problem and it is quite fun to watch. When they aren’t letting Donald Trump set up camp rent-free in their heads, they’re getting triggered by all things DeSantis. The Florida governor just keeps rolling along and kicking butt, despite the Democrats and their flying media monkeys attempting to savage and thwart him at every turn.
· COVID protests are sweeping the world. Where’s the media? As I’ve suggested needs to happen, massive civil disobedience is breaking out. Lanterns and pitchforks next[JW3] .
· Sen. Rand Paul on top of his game as he brutalizes HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra over insulting Americans and pushing bad science.
· David Chipman, Biden’s nominee to head ATF thankfully went down in flames. He blames the White House. Like many others nominated for various posts, he was an abysmal choice pushed by the anti-gun liberals in the Administration.