Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Damn! I wouldn’t have believed the RNC could string together four in a row like they did. Without question it was a grand slam homer. I’m going on record as predicting an electoral college margin of 450 to 88. Great comment on the conventions from Buck Sexton: Gotta give the RNC credit: they didn’t just make last week look like the JV team- they spiked the football in the DNC’s end zone, did a back flip, then ran up into the stands to ask out the prom queen. LOL. And how about those fireworks behind the Washington Monument? Incredible! I think it’s safe to say the production values of the RNC shamed those of the DNC.
· Stephen Kruiser’s rundown of night three of the RNC: Usually by the third night of a DNC or RNC, I’m just sitting around hoping for a chunk of my ceiling to break off and hit me in the head so I can feel something again. Despite being impressed with the first two nights of the convention, I was still not expecting much. … As the evening wore on, I told them that this was the most impressive one-night speaker lineup I’d seen at a convention. It was sincere, and I have a lot of conventions under my belt.
I agree. It was impressive. With last night’s day four, I believe the RNC has hit a grand slam.
· Will the NBA playoffs continue? I couldn’t care less. This seems to be a fairly universal feeling.
· Madison Cawthorn publicly and effectively shamed the pampered, entitled athletes who choose not to stand for the National Anthem and the Pledge of Allegiance.
· Panic at the New York Times. There is a shift happening. I saw it watching the call-ins to C-Span following days one and two of the RNC as people who have always voted Democrat say they have had enough.
· If President Trump garners 15% of the black vote, it’s game over for the Democrats. Bill and Deborah Owens: “Many blacks quietly supporting Trump.” The Coalition of African American Pastors (CAAP) has endorsed the President. I’ve been talking about this trend for months and am convinced it is happening. As I said at the time, when Leo Terrell made the move it really got my attention.
· The new Zogby poll has President Trump at 52% approval rating with solid numbers from blacks and Democrats. Something’s going on. These are the highest marks so far in his Presidency.
· Sorry, couldn’t resist this one. Austere religious scholar killed in home invasion. Suspect identified.
· Justice meted out. Dr. Laura Kollab has been prohibited from practicing medicine in the state of Ohio.
· Farmers and truck drivers across Ohio, Iowa and Wisconsin are going to be so relieved to hear that Miley Cyrus and Cardi B and Billie Eilish are endorsing Joe Biden; finally, people they can relate to. AP reports that Biden campaign to ‘flood the zone’ with celebrity endorsements.
· Pelosi to the rescue. This ought to tell you something. Nancy Pelosi: ‘I don’t think that there should be any debates.’ America’s paper of record had a warning for the debate.
· How diabolically clever. Antifa and BLM are sub rosa Get-Out-The-Vote Campaigns for Trump.
· Insanity Wrap #36 and #37. Gotta love CNN’s chyron, ‘Fiery but Mostly Peaceful Protests.’ What? Is there any doubt that CNN has become a joke? The media’s lack of coverage and actively covering up is simply unbelievable. I keep wondering if they can sink any lower and they continue to show that they can. This clip tells it all.
· Good news. Shut all of them down. Injunction shuts down telecom carriers that allegedly facilitated scam calls.
· Mostly peaceful protesters spell out ‘Love’ with burning homes and businesses.
· No less than the New York Times makes the case that the 17-year old who is charged with shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin was acting in self-defense. As Steven Hayward says, it makes you wonder if Fox News has spiked the water at the NYT.
· Interesting blog site and interesting article. The Blog site is Jews Drinking Coffee and Watching the Republican Convention. The article is by Liel Leibovitz, I Can’t Stop This Feeling.
· Breaking News. In Major Deal, Babylon Bee Purchases Competing Satire Site CNN.