Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Is there anything we can do to fight what is going on? Stop funding the people and nations that despise us. Take a page from the liberal’s playbook. We have our own Deux Ex Machina. And remember what Harry Truman said back when Democrats still had American values.
“Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.”
· Tim Berners-Lee, known as the father of the internet is generally considered responsible for the birth of the World Wide Web as we know it. He isn’t happy with what it has become, controlled by Tech behemoths, and he has been working to do something about it. This week he is supposed to launch Inrupt. It is build on a “solid” platform and you will be able to control your information. He has taken leave from M.I.T. to work on this. Looking forward to checking it out. He knows he is upsetting the apple cart and he doesn’t care. “We are not talking to Facebook and Google about whether or not to introduce a complete change where all their business models are completely upended overnight,” he declared. “We are not asking their permission.” I wish him huge success.
· Sarah Hoyt’s anger isn’t going away, and I suspect she speaks for a lot of people who feel totally disenfranchised. Impeachment Redux.
· If you have Netflix and haven’t watched The Death of Stalin, you should. It is an outstanding movie based on actual events and using actual dialogue, as unbelievable as that sounds if you have seen it. I would call it a dark comedy, but based on some of the things we’re seeing going on in Washington, D.C., it seems prophetic.
· Now YouTube competitor Rumble has filed a lawsuit against Google. I fervently hope these lawsuits cause the courts to kneecap the offenders. Rumble is claiming $2 billion in damages which would be trebled under the antitrust cause of action. Parler’s CEO John Maze was interviewed on Tucker Carlson’s show and was very convincing. Parler is apparently in discussions with a right leaning web hosting company. As I said, I wish these two companies unmitigated success in their lawsuits. There is a new push in Congress to end the Section 230 immunity granted to big tech platforms. The Big Tech companies may have cooked their own goose. How convenient “doing the right thing” dovetailed with squashing a rival just as they were gaining traction. Parler’s downloads surged 500% on the day Twitter banned Trump.
· Putin’s underpants? This story appears to have nailed Putin for the attempted assassination of Aleksei Navalny. It is an interesting story in that the guy holding the smoking gun admitted to it.
· CNN wants conservative media squelched in ‘national emergency.’ What’s going on in our country? Have we totally lost our minds? Doesn’t anyone remember what it was like in East Germany and the Soviet Union where there was no media allowed to cover any dissenting views and those who did were “cancelled?”
· A job for Merrick Garland, Joe’s intended Atty. Gen.
· Michael Yon had some interesting comments about what he saw at the Stop The Steal rally. It was rife with agent provocateurs. His recounting confirms what most of us have thought probably happened. It is gradually seeping out despite the left-wing media narrative and suppression.
· Insanity Wrap #123. There is no dearth of candidates. The hard part is choosing which insanity to focus on any given day. Here’s oen Steven missed. Univ. of Dallas student denied internship solely because she is white.
· Does this guy have a brain? Cuomo continues to botch it up.
· The great deplatforming as we descend into a Soviet style abyss. Banks begin severing ties with President Trump.
· Remember the old adage that what liberals accuse you of is what they are actually doing. Slow Joe appoints racist to head DOJ Civil Rights Division.
· A McLaughlin & Associates survey reveals that 48% of Republican, Democrat and Independent voters are “less likely to vote for a member of Congress who votes to impeach the President.” 74% are against Big Tech’s trying to cancel the President.
· Just a reminder that if it weren’t for double standards they’d have no standards at all. Leftist terrorists bombed the Senate in 1983. Jerry Nadler requested they be let out of prison early.
· The right thing to do. State Department lifts all restrictions on government contacts with Taiwan. Ending appeasement of China.
· Hollywood continues to get woke and go broke. Woke Wonder Woman 1984 is a worldwide flop.
· The purge continues apace. Do our elites believe that the purge of conservatives they are conducting will have a calming or healing effect on America? No, they don’t believe this, and obviously it won’t. They believe they can get away with the purge and that it will enhance the power of the political side they favor.
· Twitter actually tweeted this nonsense yesterday.
· So getting cancelled can work two ways? Who knew? PBS lawyer fired for calling for firebombing White House and kidnapping Republican’s children. Thank you, Project Veritas. Of course, the execrable Robert Reich has called for a Truth and Reconciliation Commission. I think we all know what that means.
· Former Senator Barbara Boxer has registered as a foreign agent for U.S. subsidiary of a Chinese surveillance firm accused of abetting the country’s mass internment of Uighur Muslims. They are, in fact, blacklisted. Once the news broke, she de-registered. Oh, never mind. Feinstein, Swalwell…Is any California Democrat not in bed with China?
· Hail, Hail, the gangs all here. Obama-era officials with Big Tech ties joining the Biden administration in droves.
· An interesting development. Wonder if it will catch on. An internet provider in Northern Idaho has blocked access to Twitter and Facebook after complaints from customers.
· Joe gets onboard with impeachment. Altogether now, Kumbaya…