Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· There were some celebrities who quickly saw through the Jussie Smollette hoax. Charles Barkley was hilarious. And Dave Chappelle didn’t buy it for a minute. His take is roll on the floor funny. Powerline summed up the whole affair. And of course…The Babylon Bee. LOL.
· More on this sorry Biden appointee for Massachusetts US Attorney. Rachel Rollins is a vile racist. She was confirmed by a 50/50 vote in the Senate with Kamala Harris casting the tiebreaker.
· Ideologically based teacher screening becomes widespread. Parents need to fight these school boards tooth and nail.
Where previous scandals often ended with public accountability for the perpetrators – Watergate saw the imprisonment of top White House aides and President Nixon’s resignation – and public reforms, Russiagate has produced no such reckoning.
· I’m not a big fan, or any kind of fan, of Peggy Noonan. After adulation, she has finally turned on Kamala Harris. She was also a Biden fan before coming to her senses.
Peggy Noonan is pathetic. Noonan’s popularity as a Journal columnist may justify the editors’ persistence in turning over the paper’s valuable editorial page real estate to her on a weekly basis, but I trust they are embarrassed by it.
· Beverly Hills liberals seem to be rethinking their stance on the Second Amendment. When its me and not thee things look a little different, don’t they?
· Our Culture of Corruption (cont.): Biden megadonor scores $500 million federal loan for Solar Company. A Development Finance Corp. official said the deal was carefully assessed and unrelated to politics but declined to say if the White House had any input in the decision. Sure.
· NPC derived from non-player character, is an Internet meme that represents people who do not think for themselves or do not make their own decisions. Sara Hoyt has a good post on the subject. “…what happens when we engage in argument with the left. It ranges from us giving facts, and statistics to support our position and being told to stop watching Fox news. “
· Senate Republicans seek to slow Biden’s speedy judicial confirmation clip. We wish them much success. They should do everything in their power to slow things down.
· Bob Dole’s Farewell Letter. “…And to see, like others who have gone before me, if I will still be able to vote in Chicago.”
Norman is still a vigorous defender of America. He believes more than ever that the fundamental divide in American politics, and indeed the clash that amounts to a spiritual war, is between those who believe America is a force for good in the world — he affectionately calls them “deplorables” — and those who believe America is bad — the “intelligentsia.”
I have wondered what Norman thinks of Donald Trump. He told Swaim he started out being “anti-anti-Trump,” which is what I thought. Now, he’s pro-Trump, which doesn’t surprise me.
· DeSantis Strikes Back. Brilliant! I fervently hope he follows through. He has set aside $8 million in his 2022-23 budget to transport illegal immigrants out of the state to places like Delaware, Martha’s Vineyard and Washington, D.C.
· An excellent proposal for the Penn State Women’s Swim Team and any other women’s sports team affected by such nonsense.