Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· The one sane voice in the hearings yesterday got no questions from the Democrats. Nadler has taken up the shovel laid down by Schiff and continued to dig his party into a deeper hole. He is forgetting the first rule of holes. When you find yourself in one, stop digging. Rep. Mike Johnson had some choice words. The whole production was a sham. It was led off my Harvard’s Noah Feldman, who immediately proceeded to tell a big fat lie. As if that weren’t enough, we have what is being referred to as the Karlan Catastrophe. She was a catastrophe in every sense of the word. Imagine having to sit through one of her classes at Stanford. A needle in the eye would be less painful. My favorite moment was the following: Rep. Matt Gaetz-“To all of the witnesses: if you have personal knowledge of a single material fact in the Schiff report, please raise your hand.” Total silence except for the chirping of crickets. As someone said, It was like Watergate, but with morons. From the NY Post: Impeachment Hearing: “Nothing is more convincing that liberal professors yelling at you.”
· On a happier note. While Nadler was making a fool of himself, the Senate confirmed four federal judges. If you’re in a district represented by a Democrat in the House, why don’t you call their office and ask why they haven’t voted on the USMCA bill, yet.
· An interesting article on how President Trump has played the media to gain advantage militarily. On Point: Trump’s Canny Diplomatic and Psychological Feints on the International Stage.
· Congress continues to tighten the screws on China. U.S. House approves Uighur Bill demanding sanctions on senior Chinese officials.
· Enough is enough. Devin Nunes is suing CNN for $435 million over ‘false and defamatory’ Ukraine story. Wish him all the success in the world.
· CNBC’s top 50 Disruptor Companies for 2019. Some interesting companies.
· I strongly suspect that somewhere along the way Adam Schiff is going to be held accountable for all of his lying and perversion of the democratic process that he has tried his best to weaponize. It can’t come too soon for this slimy denizen of Congress.
· From the voices in her head? Hillary says she has been ‘deluged’ with requests to run for president again. From Donald Trump, perhaps?
· When you hear Schiff or Nadler use the term “undisputed” you can bet there is pretty good evidence it is fake. Just as using the term “utterly debunked” means you can write I in stone.
· Pat Sajak: “Wouldn’t it be refreshing to hear someone drop out of the Presidential primaries and say, ‘I realized I didn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell?’”
· It’s about time. House passes bipartisan anti-robocall bill.
· Drudge has been catching some flak recently as his bias has been fairly noticeable. I’ve been looking at his site for years, and the change has been obvious to me. Conservative Dan Bongino has launched an alternative. I’ve bookmarked it and will be checking it out. My initial impression is good.