Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
One of the more laughable left-wing themes is the claim that Europe’s energy shortage will hasten a transition to wind and solar energy. Actually, the opposite is happening: when you are in danger of freezing to death, you don’t go shopping for windmills that produce hardly any electricity, less than half the time. “Green” energy is a luxury of the rich who have plenty of energy to spare.
· The Smartest Guys In The Room? Well, maybe not.
· An interesting article by Mark Judge, who you may remember from the Kavanaugh hearings. What Happened When The FBI Interviewed Me About The Smear Campaign Against Brett Kavanaugh.
· Granted, we wanted a crushing victory and didn’t get it, but Yes, the GOP took the House and it’s still kind of a big deal.
Republicans didn’t run up the numbers required to essentially silence the Democrats entirely, but this is still the functional end of Joe Biden’s presidency, assuming McCarthy can keep his entire caucus in line.
· Somehow this isn’t getting the breathless publicity that swirled around the media following the raid. Shocker! WaPo Sheepishly Admits the FBI Found No Nuclear Secrets, or Anything Else, in Mar-a-Lago Raid. I think it’s safe to say that anyone not afflicted with terminal TDS expected this outcome. Surprisingly, the DOJ waited until after the midterm elections to release this information. Surprisingly.
These manipulations (and others) don’t affect voters with strong points of view, but they can have an enormous impact on voters who are undecided (pdf)—the people who decide the outcomes of close elections.
· Democrats were disappointed that what they thought might be a good precedent turned out to be wildly overblown. No, the Iranian Parliament didn’t vote to execute 15,000 protesters.
· In case you just thought San Francisco had descended into total lunacy, you can rest assured that they have.