Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan. Powerline had a fascinating post of the event and its aftermath.
· The proposed “Infrastructure” spending plan proposed by Joe Biden is pretty much what you would expect. About a third goes to what you might associate with infrastructure. Here is a look at some of the other things they’d like to push through. A liberal wish list of unrelated waste and partisan spending. As expected.
· Facebook took this off Lara Trump’s page. Here is the interview they think you shouldn’t see.
· Every now and then someone just hits it outside the park. We have a new word coined that is very descriptive of what some politicians are trying to accomplish. We all know what a “meritocracy” is where the most able and talented rise to the top. We now have “Ineptocracy.”
· Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
· This has been an interesting breaking story. I’m a fan of Matt Gaetz, and I hope he nails this guy to the wall.
· YouTube is making some changes to its “like/dislike” icons. There is suspicion that it is due to the abysmal ratio of dislikes to likes for the White House channel. It would hardly be surprising. Look at the ratios for Joe Biden, Jen Psaki, Dr. Fauci, Kamala Harris. They’re all overwhelmingly negative.
· Sen. Tom Cotton is challenging the Left’s Psy-War assault on the military. His bill will force some people to go on record.
· I’m certainly one of them. Nearly half of Americans changed sports viewing habits because of Woke Social Justice. Get Woke, Go Broke. The NBA lost over half its audience in the NBA Finals. As the author poins out, this was in a pandemic when far more people were at home than normal[JW2] .
· The State Department has decided to essentially throw $2.5 million into the trash can and set it on fire. They are spending that to establish an Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Glad to[JW3] see our tax dollars aren’t being wasted.
· Joe Biden’s Fiscal Path of Doom. It’s not like he himself actually has a clue, but his puppet masters know exactly what they are doing.
· I can’t help it. I’m a sucker for these clips of servicemen surprising their children. I remember coming home from Vietnam and seeing yellow ribbons onse our trees as I drove into the driveway.
· There are no bad dogs. Just bad owners. Analysis: Biden’s Bloodthirsty, Floor-Pooping Canine Companion Is a Window Into His Soul. LOL. A must read. Also this train on Twitchy.
· A real horror story involving the rule on Wash Sales of securities. Investor who made $45,000 trading stocks owes $800,000 tax bill for ignoring the rule on wash sales.