Reveille Reconnaissance Blog
This blog is for the benefit of both subscribers and non-subscribers and is public to assist...
To subscribe to the Reveille Letter, click here
· This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone who has been paying attention. Something Is Wrong with the President.
· No vaccination against this. Unfortunately. To quote Scott Johnson, “The people running the day-care operation at the White House must be out of their minds.”
· You’ll remember Robert Gates’ comment that Joe Biden has "been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades." Paul Mirengoff asks Why does Biden always get it wrong.
So to explain Biden’s decades-long awful record, we’re left with this unfortunate combination — his third-rate intellect; his inflated view of that intellect; his tendency to follow the conventional wisdom of his party, unaffected by nuance; and his lack of the attention span necessary to absorb anything other than superficial analysis.
· Democrat apologist George Stephanopoulos conducted a not particularly hard-hitting interview of President Biden. As Powerline suggests, it depicted “a president who is a few tacos short of a combo platter.”
As for the missing tacos, note Biden’s resentment of the questions. He forgets what he said about the fate of Afghanistan only last month. He thinks it important that Afghans fell to their death from a cargo plane leaving Kabul four days ago, rather than two days ago, even though it was in fact two days ago at the time of the interview. At least he recalls hearing something about it.
· Kamala Harris touted her role in withdrawal decision. Now she’s heard screaming “They’re not going to pin this on me!” L.A. Times: Now, she owns it, too.
· Fire the military and intelligence bigs who bungled Afghanistan – Now. Failure must be punished.
· Well, what a relief to finally see some decisive action out of the Biden Administration. They’ve sent a “strongly worded letter” to the Taliban.
· Some totally “woke” climate change bulls—t from a CNBC reporter who doesn’t know what she’s talking about.
· Annals of Liberal Cluelessness. Tweet of the Day: Afghanistan finally liberated from a regime that imposes mandatory face coverings, destroys statues, and promotes the genital mutilation of children.
· An interesting assessment of the Afghan soldiers from American soldiers responsible for their training.